Corsair Community

K70 RGB and DP KVM recommendation?

tbushart

Does anyone have a recommendation for a 2-machine DisplayPort KVM that works with the K70 RGB as well as high refresh rate screens with GSync (specifically Dell S2716DG)?

I'm looking for a known working option. I see a few potential ones that support DP 1.2 but don't seem to support the USB 3 needed by the K70 RGB, or don't have 3 USB 2.0 ports.

Really trying to find a solution without trying a bunch of relatively expensive hardware and playing trial and error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

While it's not a KVM, but rather just a USB 3 A/B switchbox. I did find this inexpensive option on Amazon that fully works with the K70 RGB. Do note that you'll need to use a 5V micro USB DC adapter with it - not included.

Ugreen USB 3.0 switch 2 computers, 4 USB devices.

Also worked with my gaming mouse, and webcam.

With regards to my monitors, I used HDMI on the 2nd (non-gaming) machine I was using, and just manual swap using the display's controls.

Not a 100% perfect solution, but it does what I need it to do, and was far cheaper than a full feature KVM.

• 2 weeks later...
While it's not a KVM, but rather just a USB 3 A/B switchbox. I did find this inexpensive option on Amazon that fully works with the K70 RGB. Do note that you'll need to use a 5V micro USB DC adapter with it - not included.

Ugreen USB 3.0 switch 2 computers, 4 USB devices.

I'm using this exact device, however my K70 Silent media buttons are non functional now (volume up/down scroll, mute, etc). The "bar" pops up on the screen saying I'm increasing/decreasing the volume, however it does not correlate to the volume control on the PC.

Is yours?

• 1 year later...

Generally speaking you want to look for a KVM with TTU (True Transparent USB) which is a patented USB emulation implemented on a custom ASIC. TTU is designed to support the extended features of multimedia keyboards etc.

There are TTU KVMs supporting up to 4K2K @ 60Hz over Displayport made by Uniclass, InLine and Lindy.

If you need to use HDMI it's a bit more difficult as there are (as yet) no HDMI KVMs advertising TTU capability. However I have just hooked up a brand new "AV Access" 4KSW41-KVM and although the manufacturer makes no mention of TTU, my K70 Lux was working fine straight away - even the volume wheel works as normal. It has high res audio and 7.1 surround audio passthrough, a steel chassis and it's comparatively cheap (GBP70 or USD80 on Amazon as of 2019-10-01).

http://www.avaccess.com/c627.html

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

You couldn't have joined the forums at a better time, ralphclark!

I just purchased a Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry MX Blue. I am not a gamer, but a retired programmer/tech/flunky pretending to be a photographer.

I also bought two Dell U3219Q monitors that have a KVM option... of sorts.

I have been going crazy trying to figure out why I could only get it to work using a no frills, $5 keyboard.

I have to admit it... I've never come across the term TTU. Much thanks for your explanation and product information.

As luck would have it, system 1 has 1 dp, 1 hdmi, 1 dvi-d, system 2 has 3 dp, 2 hdmi, 1 dvi-d. If you run across a 4x2 or 4x4 solution (low budget), please let me know.