Corsair Community

Can we have a "lock profile while process is loaded" option?

Jong

.....as with the old pre-CUE utility?

I use Overwolf and TS3 with several games. If I set a profile for a game it is switched out for the default when I click on an Overwolf or TS3 overlay. The only ways to get things to work as intended are to:

- manually lock the profile

- duplicate the game profile and set the duplicates to run when Overwolf/ts3 are in the foreground

- set the default to the game profile

Of course, none of these are ideal!

Interesting when clicking on Overwolf overlays for ts3 or other purposes, clicking on the overlay seems to make CUE think that process is in the foreground, thus unloading the game profile, but clicking again on the game (causing keyboard focus to return to the game) does NOT cause CUE to reload the game profile. If this worked properly it might be an acceptable (even preferable?) alternative to locking the profile.

• 3 weeks later...

No on else having a problem with this? No one else use Overwolf or any overlay? Am I missing something? For the want of a tickbox automatic profile selection is completely useless to me.

Every time I select an Overwolf overlay the profile changes. Even if I duplicate the profile the state of keys changes causing problems. I have to manually select the profile for the game :(.

It is there on the previous generation of non-RGB keyboards. CUE just needs to catch up!

After a bit more experience with CUE, I've changed my view on the alternatives a little. Allowing CUE to switch profiles when using other apps/overlays and then return to the game profile when it is in the foreground would only work if CUE remembered the state of all the keys while the profile was "suspended". Sounds like a lot of work. Even then some people might need to lock the profile to ensure key states are maintained and there are probably relatively few edge-cases where people really want different profiles all "active" at the same time.

So, I'd say definitely introduced "lock profile while process loaded" first, rather than switching profiles to/from game, especially if switching profiles would mean losing key states, because that really fixes nothing!

• 2 weeks later...

I lose my active profile every time the Steam overlay displays "friend X is now playing blah blah blah", even if I'm still interacting directly with a game window, and I have to click on my desktop (or minimize if the game is full-screen) and then go back to the game to get the profile to come back.

Locking the profile would be nice, but it'd be nicer to ignore apps and DLLs that are very obviously not things the keyboard should have a profile for, like Steam Overlay.

It's complicated. I guess there may be overlays where it would be useful to have a profile - Teamspeak, via Overwolf might be one for some. But for sure CUE switches profiles far too easily at the moment and yet, mysteriously, seems to find it very hard to switch back to the game window, even if it is the window keyboard commands are being sent to!

I mention "lock profile" because it's easy and it's what Corsair had before, but yeah, more intelligence would be even better - maybe CUE could keep a record of all the processes it sees in a session which it has, or could, switch to and allow you to either set profiles from that list or, alternativey, block them.

Archived