Corsair Community

LS100 not fully lighting all strips.

I went through some of the posts and didn't find an answer to this.

I'm using the LS100 starter kit and Expansion kit.

I have 4 250mm strips ans 2 450mm strips.

I have the Y cable attached at the end. All on lighting channel 1.

And from the pic I attached you can see that the lighting isn't making it all the way around the to the end. Half of a 250mm strip and a full 250mm strip isn't getting lit. What should I do?

15950937422256071063510150404216.thumb.jpg.5c0d3bc62aad9e6d39c799fedae40cf0.jpg

15950937730269206194637761520854.thumb.jpg.395d8e90f662ef310233d15df95fced0.jpg

Also, make sure the order of the strips is matching.

This is the part I'm not understanding. I included a picture.

It's currently going controller - 450mm - 2x 250mm - 450mm - 2x 250mm.

And yes im using the y cable.

15952906783004523226268662346558.thumb.jpg.0cc2fd7c81f421f451137d844833427d.jpg

1595290778429945066572186242929.thumb.jpg.f7cda69b22079fd35d1ba0c8e231245a.jpg

Yea Gotta be honest, I'm not too sure why it's not lighting up all the way. You could try switching it to channel 2 and see if that'll work. You'll have to cancel out what was in channel 1 in iCUE due to the LED limit.

You also shouldn't need the Y cable for the amount of LEDs you're running at the moment, I think there is only mainly an issue when the expansion used is the double 450m strips. Maybe taking out the Y cable will get rid of a factor.

Otherwise, you could also try to just set the Lighting Setup to something else like Dual Monitor Mode to just max it out and see if they light up then.

Is it lighting half of a long one and half of a short one? I had the same issue when I hooked up mine, it doesn't say so in the manual but the controller needs to be plugged into a short strip first. I had it plugged into a long one first and could only get half of two strips to light up correctly.

Is it lighting half of a long one and half of a short one? I had the same issue when I hooked up mine, it doesn't say so in the manual but the controller needs to be plugged into a short strip first. I had it plugged into a long one first and could only get half of two strips to light up correctly.

Do you need the Y splitter? Can you not connect them continuously? Or run some off second port?

Edited by t1971

When you tried plugging in each strip individually, did you notice if any one of the LEDs didn't work in the strips?

They all worked individually without any issues.

Its not lighting half a short one, and a full short one at the end of the chain.

I only added the Y splitter after reading forums. Someone said there wasnt enough power delivery to light them all up without it

They all worked individually without any issues.

Its not lighting half a short one, and a full short one at the end of the chain.

I only added the Y splitter after reading forums. Someone said there wasnt enough power delivery to light them all up without it

I have the same setup and tun them continuously without problem.

If that doesnt work i think you would be better doing 3 strips in each port (if other port free) than using Y splitter

I have the same amount of strips, but I have 2 250mm and 4 450mm ones on my ultrawide. Mine are all daisy-chained and only use one of the LED outlets. Set it on Dual Monitor mode, and they should all light up. Mine did the same thing until I switched to that. If I can power 4 of the 450mm and 2 of the 250mm on one outlet, you should be able to power all of yours what with them being smaller. Edited by Blacksad

I have the same amount of strips, but I have 2 250mm and 4 450mm ones on my ultrawide. Mine are all daisy-chained and only use one of the LED outlets. Set it on Dual Monitor mode, and they should all light up. Mine did the same thing until I switched to that. If I can power 4 of the 450mm and 2 of the 250mm on one outlet, you should be able to power all of yours what with them being smaller.

BAM... this worked. THANK YOU!!

• 4 months later...
I have the same amount of strips, but I have 2 250mm and 4 450mm ones on my ultrawide. Mine are all daisy-chained and only use one of the LED outlets. Set it on Dual Monitor mode, and they should all light up. Mine did the same thing until I switched to that. If I can power 4 of the 450mm and 2 of the 250mm on one outlet, you should be able to power all of yours what with them being smaller.

I've been in the same boat. I have yet to find Dual Monitor mode. If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated.

I have two y-cables and they only work as an extension with the male end that forks and the female end. The other male connector doesn't do anything with how I have it set up.

Final question, is the starter kit actually required if I'm running from a commander pro? I had 4x450mm connected to one channel but the light cut out about halfway through the third with 4x450mm strips selected. Right now I have 2x450mm connected to each channel but that prevents me from setting everything up the way I had planned.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Scoshis

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same issue, looks like 1 of my 250mm strips is partially dud and so is one of my 450mm dud.

Corsair wanted me to post the entire kit back to them with plug etc and everything to examine for any potential warranty replacement even though its just the 2 dud strips, even more annoying is it's not possible just to by a single replacement for each strip and the pairs of them start at £26 and £40 respectively, honestly wish I had never bought them....

If you are thinking about buying them for your monitor... don't...

• 2 weeks later...

So my setup is the same, all linked together. daisy chained. looks how it is in ICUE. but the bottom 2 450's dont light up. and im not sure why but if i change the sequence of how they are all connected, the light up ones change. like if i switch which ones are connected. ICUE thinks they are plugged in but doesnt look like they get power. They do light up separately if i plug them in the node. i currently just them all connected in the best order to get the most lightening out of all 6 strips.

https://imgur.com/gallery/uHgSXlI

Edited by ixiBl4ckx
add photo

• Corsair Employee
So my setup is the same, all linked together. daisy chained. looks how it is in ICUE. but the bottom 2 450's dont light up. and im not sure why but if i change the sequence of how they are all connected, the light up ones change. like if i switch which ones are connected. ICUE thinks they are plugged in but doesnt look like they get power. They do light up separately if i plug them in the node. i currently just them all connected in the best order to get the most lightening out of all 6 strips.

https://imgur.com/gallery/uHgSXlI

We would recommend that you contact our support team by opening a ticket at https://help.corsair.com