The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD)

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2019, 02:16 AM
EightBit's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023971
EightBit Reputation: 10
Woah! MP300 120GB m.2 no longer working after formatting using ASUS secure erase

Hello to all, as stated I have an MP300 120BG m.2 SSD connected to the M.2_2 port (second of two m.2 sockets on the board) as part of a raid 0 array and have formatted it with the Asus secure erase feature on my motherboard without un-raiding my disks in the raid configuration tool, I had intel RST support turned of so the disk we accessible to the secure erase feature then the disk has been formatted and will no longer work with my machine at all.
Having the disk installed in the machine now causes a really long post time and cannot be detected in windows.
The board can see that the disk is a Corsair MP300 120GB but I can't do anything with it and I cant interact with it in any way.
Even when connected to a USB 3.0 to m.2 it still isn't detected, Windows can see the USB controller board, a ASMT 2115 USB Device, but in disk management it just show it as having a drive letter of G and states NO Media, with or without the SSD connected to it.

Is the disk completely bricked or can it be restored??
Any advice would be most appreciated.

Last edited by EightBit; 11-15-2019 at 02:26 AM.

Old 11-22-2019, 02:57 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Rick's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024868
Corsair Rick Reputation: 10

Hello EightBit,

Unfortunately secure erase tends to not work well with raided drives. You may need to "break" the RAID in BIOS, format each drive individually, and then raid them again.

Tags
mp300 120gb, not working after format, raid 0