Corsair Community

Corsair Link Issue

MeridianXV88

Every now and again when I open corsair link to see why my fans are spinning at max speed I notice that none of the dials or temps show in the link software. Everything is just empty, I can change the case picture and the theme of the software etc, but it doesn't detect anything. Uninstalling and reinstalling does't work either. I have to uninstall then install a very old version of link. It will work then I will uninstall the older version and reinstall the v4. It will work for the 1st instance the moment the PC is restarted it happens all over again. I cannot stick with the older version because lets not go into the problems I experienced with that :sigh!: At this point I just feel like getting rid of my commander and plugging the fans to my motherboard even though the software for the motherboard is bleak at least it works :[pouts:

At this point I just feel like getting rid of my commander

Is this the old commander or a CL Mini?

From what you have said I can't even guess the root cause of your issues. Doing as follows would be a good start:

1. Post the CL4 [Home] tab screen shot of when "It's all working"
  2. Post the same once you get the issue.
  3. Check what Devices and Printers reports when it's not working
  4. Is Device Manager reporting any errors?

As nothing at all is displayed then I suspect your CL hardware is fine. To check you could run my SIV utility and check what it reports.

The SIV [uSB Bus], [Link Devices] and [Link Status] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend posting these screen shots.

I suspect the CL4 service may not be running. Post the SIV Menu->Windows->Services->CL4 Control panel screen shot so we can see.

Does the Windows Event Log contain any reports about CL4 crashes?

Archived