Corsair Community

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Block

Argyros

So I see that the EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC is compatible but it's showing that the EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 is not even though they look exactly like the same cards except the SC2 is just overclocked a little bit faster.

I know EVGA and EKWB use the same waterblock for both the SC and SC2.

Does anyone know if the same waterblock for the SC will fit the SC2?

The waterblock that fits the SC is called: XG7 RGB 10 SERIES (FE)

SC2 has some weird fan headers on the PCBA and is as such tehnically not according to reference design. Like so, see image below.

P.S.: There must be a mistake on EK's configurator if they say the card as shown below fits their block.

Do you have the SC2 card at hand perhaps? Snag a photo of the naked PCBA! It will fit as long as it is missing these fan headers.

45d76e69_pastedImage.png

SC2 has some weird fan headers on the PCBA and is as such tehnically not according to reference design. Like so, see image below.

P.S.: There must be a mistake on EK's configurator if they say the card as shown below fits their block.

Do you have the SC2 card at hand perhaps? Snag a photo of the naked PCBA! It will fit as long as it is missing these fan headers.

<snip>

I assume you are referring to the "EK-FC GeForce GTX FE" series. There is no mistake, I have one on a SC and another on a SC2, in fact I'm the one who got EK to add it to their configurator. EK obviously made a modification over their older (now defunt) "non FE" series block which required the fan header to be ground down to get it to fit.

PS. If Argyros has an EVGA 1080TI SC2 card, it will have the fan header in question.

• Corsair Employee
So I see that the EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC is compatible but it's showing that the EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 is not even though they look exactly like the same cards except the SC2 is just overclocked a little bit faster.

I know EVGA and EKWB use the same waterblock for both the SC and SC2.

Does anyone know if the same waterblock for the SC will fit the SC2?

The waterblock that fits the SC is called: XG7 RGB 10 SERIES (FE)

Hi!

Out of the box, the XG7 RGB 10 SERIES (FE) won't fit to the SC2 due to the additional header on PCBA.

Edited by Corsair GregX