Corsair Community

Corsair Link doesn not starts with windows

Goa

• 2 weeks later...

None of your suggestions are working. @davie i dont want to do it by myself, i want it to work auto like as urs or other ppl. So can some one tell me why my corsair link is not starting with windows while all others have no problem?

Edit:I unistall and reinstall it at least 4 times. Restart the pc etc. but not working.

Take a look in your startup programs.

Go to Task Manager ... Startup. You should see Corsair LINK 4 on the list and make sure it's enabled.

If it's not there, go to Link ... Options ... Settings and check the box.

It is enabled dude. And it was always enabled. Actually the problem is not cuz of my settings. There is something wrong with the release.

It is enabled dude. And it was always enabled. Actually the problem is not cuz of my settings. There is something wrong with the release.

Well, it's working for a bunch of other folks; if it was a problem with the release, we'd hear holy h*** on the forum about it. So far, it only seems to be you.

Did you look in Task Manager as I asked?

Well, it's working for a bunch of other folks; if it was a problem with the release, we'd hear holy h*** on the forum about it. So far, it only seems to be you.

Did you look in Task Manager as I asked?

Yes i did pls see the pic

cl4.png.7b0ec6d34aa9bfc63b83daac90d9b30b.png

OK ... so it's entered in the Registry to launch with Windows.

Unlike the previous version, it does not launch in a full window; it only launches to the system tray. You should see it there as an icon.

Do you see anything in the Event Log that indicates that it's crashing on startup? Look for an Application Error for Link, usually shortly followed by something from the .NET Runtime. If you enable Trace logging (also in options), we may be able to see even more info about it.

If you want it to launch un-minimized, you can use the Link DeMinimizer (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173190).

OK ... so it's entered in the Registry to launch with Windows.

Unlike the previous version, it does not launch in a full window; it only launches to the system tray. You should see it there as an icon.

Do you see anything in the Event Log that indicates that it's crashing on startup? Look for an Application Error for Link, usually shortly followed by something from the .NET Runtime. If you enable Trace logging (also in options), we may be able to see even more info about it.

If you want it to launch un-minimized, you can use the Link DeMinimizer (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173190).

Thanks for your suggestion. I found a solution by my self. I just right click to shortcut of CL ->properties ->compatibility -> UNCHECK "run this program as admin". Now it starts with windows. I hve no idea if unchecking 'run as admin' gonna make a problem but at least its now starting with windows.

I just right click to shortcut of CL ->properties ->compatibility -> UNCHECK "run this program as admin"

Why was Run this program as an administrator set? The CL installer does not do this.

• Run this program as an administrator - This is a global option that can be set on an executable.
  • Run as administrator is a private option that be set on a shortcut.

NOTE The option is instantiated whenever the path to the file is called (executable vs. shortcut).

In this instance, the user changed the options on the executable. Subsequently, when the computer booted, it would fail to execute an executable that has the Run this program as an administrator option enabled no matter where in the auto-start process it's located (Start Menu Startup folder, registry, etc.).

I believe this is because nothing is available to handle the elevation call. Removing the option would alleviate this issue.

Why was Run this program as an administrator set? The CL installer does not do this.

• Run this program as an administrator - This is a global option that can be set on an executable.
  • Run as administrator is a private option that be set on a shortcut.

NOTE The option is instantiated whenever the path to the file is called (executable vs. shortcut).

In this instance, the user changed the options on the executable. Subsequently, when the computer booted, it would fail to execute an executable that has the Run this program as an administrator option enabled no matter where in the auto-start process it's located (Start Menu Startup folder, registry, etc.).

I believe this is because nothing is available to handle the elevation call. Removing the option would alleviate this issue.

Have no idea why was it set as admin. I uninstall it 3 times and reistall it but it always comes with admin. I didnt change anything.

Have no idea why was it set as admin. I uninstall it 3 times and reistall it but it always comes with admin. I didnt change anything.

Gremlins.

Personally, I find that a bowl of chocolate - Hershey's Kisses, in particular, for some reason - next to the computer helps keep them from mucking things up.

Gremlins.

Personally, I find that a bowl of chocolate - Hershey's Kisses, in particular, for some reason - next to the computer helps keep them from mucking things up.

Well, its not gremlins dude cuz 2 or 3 versions ago this application (CL4) came as "Run as admin", they tried to fix it but they f_cked it up.

Well, its not gremlins dude cuz 2 or 3 versions ago this application (CL4) came as "Run as admin", they tried to fix it but they f_cked it up.

When it was set to "Run As Admin", it was done via a manifest, which is the appropriate way to do it. The manifest is a part of the compiled executable.

I've upgraded from the versions that were "Run As Admin" on 3 different machines and did not have the issue that you described. And no one else has reported the issue.

That setting, by the way, isn't something that's easily accessible to applications. If apps require admin permissions, they will declare a manifest that says so. The older versions of Link had this manifest. Windows sees that and creates the prompt. What you had was attached to the metadata for the application and is something that is typically only done manually by the end user.

When it was set to "Run As Admin", it was done via a manifest, which is the appropriate way to do it. The manifest is a part of the compiled executable.

I've upgraded from the versions that were "Run As Admin" on 3 different machines and did not have the issue that you described. And no one else has reported the issue.

That setting, by the way, isn't something that's easily accessible to applications. If apps require admin permissions, they will declare a manifest that says so. The older versions of Link had this manifest. Windows sees that and creates the prompt. What you had was attached to the metadata for the application and is something that is typically only done manually by the end user.

But im telling you that i didnt set it to "run as admin" It was always "run as admin". Even i uninstall it 3 or 4 times and reinstall it.

Archived