Corsair Community

Game-specific lighting? Getting cops on GTA 5 = Cop Lights on RGB

Title.

Think it would be possible to create an application that monitors when you get wanted star(s) on GTA V then subsequently activates the following -

[ame]

[/ame]

Now that would be immersive!

I just ordered a K95 RGB today and it should arrive Saturday; ouch my wallet!

Title.

Think it would be possible to create an application that monitors when you get wanted star(s) on GTA V then subsequently activates the following -

Now that would be immersive!

I just ordered a K95 RGB today and it should arrive Saturday; ouch my wallet!

no its not possible, sorry. we need LUA support inorder to do this.

I doubt that LUA support could even accomplish this. You'd need to write a program that can read the active memory of GTA5 and detect your wanted level, then use that switch to do the rest.

Unless, of course, the game has some kind of external-access API, but I doubt that...

I doubt that LUA support could even accomplish this. You'd need to write a program that can read the active memory of GTA5 and detect your wanted level, then use that switch to do the rest.

Unless, of course, the game has some kind of external-access API, but I doubt that...

Naw with LUA you could do this. For sure.

What about a program that will attach to the .exe and scan the top right every so often to look for the stars themselves?

What about a program that will attach to the .exe and scan the top right every so often to look for the stars themselves?

You'd have to have a consistent way of reading in that information. Sure it probably be done, but the amount of resources it would use to check it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Naw with LUA you could do this. For sure.

LUA will not be able to access anything within a game.

See:

You'd need to write a program that can read the active memory of GTA5 and detect your wanted level, then use that switch to do the rest.

Game management and anti-cheat systems (Like Valves V-A-C) check specifically for these and generally don't end well for the user. (Banhammer, etc. especially during online play)

You'd have to have a consistent way of reading in that information. Sure it probably be done, but the amount of resources it would use to check it probably wouldn't be worth it.

LUA will not be able to access anything within a game.

See:

Game management and anti-cheat systems (Like Valves V-A-C) check specifically for these and generally don't end well for the user. (Banhammer, etc. especially during online play)

you can check for an image with lua, like he said, check for stars. lol

There are reports that other RGB keyboards are already doing exactly this with GTA V. I don't believe I'm allowed to name anything or post links, but it's supported by at least one manufacturer.

Yeah, Corsair's keyboard/CUE doesn't have an API at the moment :(:

Pretty cool feature on the other board, though.

the logitech RGB keyboard does something like this with it's F-keys when wanted. So the game has some sort of script for it. We just need to use it to our advantage.

the logitech RGB keyboard does something like this with it's F-keys when wanted. So the game has some sort of script for it. We just need to use it to our advantage.

i'm so annoyed at this, i was originally going to get the Logitech, but dont like the Mech keys it used (could have probs gotten used to them) but didnt and went the K95 instead, but damn, the 512 colour issue and no LUA support, kinda feel like i was screwed over for what could be an amazing Keyboard, but i also dont like that its only the F-keys that do it, as i want it to full keyboard it

i'm so annoyed at this, i was originally going to get the Logitech, but dont like the Mech keys it used (could have probs gotten used to them) but didnt and went the K95 instead, but damn, the 512 colour issue and no LUA support, kinda feel like i was screwed over for what could be an amazing Keyboard, but i also dont like that its only the F-keys that do it, as i want it to full keyboard it

I've read that Logitech's keyboard is "steppy" like Corsair's in terms of lighting.

It also has weird switches and stupid keycap choices.

I've read that Logitech's keyboard is "steppy" like Corsair's in terms of lighting.

It also has weird switches and stupid keycap choices.

i think they have 1024 colors? and Razer has something closer to 16.8 mill but no one has 16.8 mill lol.

Oh the keycap cap choices kills the keyboard.

agreed, glad i did go the k95, cant wait for the fixes, im sure corsair will deliver

I dropped a message to Corsair James regarding the fixes and he told me that there's no beta build of the firmware yet, but he said "hopefully by end of the week or next week."

Whether this includes LUA support with it, I doubt, but it will likely include fixes for the RGB stepping and Steam problems imo.

Back to the topic at hand, there's definitely a script for it in-game but would that be programmed to only work with Logitech keyboards, or is it kinda' a global on/off command that can be turned into lighting changes for keyboards with LUA support?

I dropped a message to Corsair James regarding the fixes and he told me that there's no beta build of the firmware yet, but he said "hopefully by end of the week or next week."

Whether this includes LUA support with it, I doubt, but it will likely include fixes for the RGB stepping and Steam problems imo.

Back to the topic at hand, there's definitely a script for it in-game but would that be programmed to only work with Logitech keyboards, or is it kinda' a global on/off command that can be turned into lighting changes for keyboards with LUA support?

What kind of script is there for it in-game? If you can give me details, such as its output or how it works, I could write something to work off that.

i think you misread what he said. There is a beta for the fixes nothing for LUA yet.

Archived