Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso Experience

willhemmens

Hi All,

Haven't had to use the forums since 2013.

Here's my experience with the Corsair Virtuoso RGB, I got the white model from Amazon.

I unboxed the headset, connected it up via USB, downloaded and installed iCUE.

This is where the initial issues started, I opened the settings up and updated the firmware in the headset and receiver. After the update was complete, I could nolonger get any sound out from the headset. After completing this process I have working sound again.

Thankfully I don't use the microphone much but when I have, it has been glitchy. The sidetone seems to work intermittently now but didn't work at all for quite a while.

I've had to copy a custom EQ Preset from the forum to make this headset sound like it should out of the box.

I get intermittent connection drops, they last for half a second and occur once every few minutes. I thought this could be because the receiver was next to other (xbox controller and 5G WiFi) receivers at the back of my case. So I moved the receiver to the front of my case where it is alone and has a direct line of sight to the headset, it's about 1.5M away. It still happens and just about as frequently. Very annoying.

The standby feature doesn't appear to work, I leave the switch in the WiFi position and expect the status light to stop flashing when it goes to sleep and I'm pretty sure initially it was doing that but now it just flashes all the time. It isn't plugged into a charger and it seems to steadily drain as it was flashing green when I left for work and red when I got home 9 hours later. Please correct me if I am wrong about how this feature works.

The volume wheel gets stiff mid spin which is kind of annoying, can make it hard to adjust when on your head. Quality control?

The battery indicator in the taskbar is nice but a percentage in iCUE would be really nice, even if it's only steps of 10 or 20%.

Comfort is worse than expected, but not bad. I have large ears and they contact the wall covering the speaker.

It'd be really nice if the wireless receiver somehow could be stored within the headset.

I could go on but I'd like to conclude by saying this is the first Corsair wireless headset I've had but I'm a pretty big Corsair fan, I'm writing this from my K70 RGB which is on top of a Corsair Mouse mat. I have also have a 900D sat next to me filled with other Corsair parts. As a long time fan of Corsair products, I feel this is a real let down.

I'm really undecided about whether or not I should return the headset. I consider it faulty considering the issues I'm having and the dodgy volume wheel.

Made an account just to ask this...

What EQ settings did you find? I can't seem to find any anywhere. Just picked these up today and I want to like them but I can't get the audio right. Playing Modern Warfare the voices are really tinny and far away but the gunfights sounds fine. Same with chat audio through Game Bar. I messed with the settings myself and kinda got them to be better but still nowhere near as good as my HyperX Cloud II's

These are my first pair of Corsair headphones and I want to like them but it's being difficult.

Made an account just to ask this...

What EQ settings did you find? I can't seem to find any anywhere. Just picked these up today and I want to like them but I can't get the audio right. Playing Modern Warfare the voices are really tinny and far away but the gunfights sounds fine. Same with chat audio through Game Bar. I messed with the settings myself and kinda got them to be better but still nowhere near as good as my HyperX Cloud II's

These are my first pair of Corsair headphones and I want to like them but it's being difficult.

Here's the post:https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1021721&postcount=44

I modified it a bit to taste but I found it to be a good start.

As the issues have continued and got worse (I now have popping noises and crackles when lots of sounds are playing at the same time), I can't continue with such poor performance, so the Virtuoso has to be returned and iCue can be removed from my computer. A real disappointment quite honestly.

• 5 months later...
Here's the post:https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1021721&postcount=44

I modified it a bit to taste but I found it to be a good start.

Hi, sidetone on my virtuoso SE is not working at all, did this preset fix the pb ?