Corsair Community

Discuss the new Carbide Series

Wired

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, Very Nice, perfect for my next build... Will they offer a Windowed option instead of the Mesh? Corsairs Design is just getting better and better, Plus the price is so affordable now... Keep up the good work...

Carbide 400R - love from the first sight until I noticed the distending side panel(s).. Could we have a choice of "plain", straight one(s) also? :[pouts:

I can also never understand how folks can fill up all four 5.25” drive bays with something useful... Could we have an option for 3x5.25” bay 120mm fan/HDD cage module or a simple one piece 3-bay mesh cover? Similar to the stuff few competitors make..? I have seen on forum that someone made a DYO fan module with matching mesh cover for 650D, but for those who would rather buy the thing and just pop it in, please..? :biggrin:

Still loving it...

The new cases look like they will continue Corsair's tradition of excellence(I swear, they're like the Pixar of computer parts). One of my co-workers is already eyeing the 500R. I think that one will end up competing a little with the Graphite 600T because the prices are so close. But I think the 400R is gonna be a HUGE hit if it really sells at around $100 and it's anywhere close to as easy to work with as my Graphite.

Can someone please explain to me where the final fan mount is I can only count 9 of 10

What are the differences of the 400 and 500?

All I can tell is the movable HDD trays and the fan controller, is this all?

Is the top just a style difference or is there a cooling difference.

Also can the engineers please explain what the air flow of these cases is suppose to be.

Do the Door fans blow in or out?

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/190/400ee.jpg

What are the differences of the 400 and 500?

All I can tell is the movable HDD trays and the fan controller, is this all?

Is the top just a style difference or is there a cooling difference.

As per the links:

It adds a 200mm fan mounted on the side panel’s mesh screen for extra GPU cooling, a multi-channel fan controller, and removable and relocateable hard drive cages. The ability to move and remove hard drive cages not only improves airflow — it also allows you to install graphics cards of up to 452mm in length.

My inquiring mind would like to know if this series has air filters and if so where and how are they accessed? Neither the press release or the product listing mentions anything about air filters. I like the popout front air filter and the removable psu filter of the Graphite series, and it's a huge draw for me due to the annoyance that is cleaning my air filters on my current case. Quick and easy access air filters are an absolute must for me on the case I choose for my new build.

Its not a bad design for the 500r, but why have firewire and not esata.

Would rather have a side window option too.

How many fans do the fan controller have?

Would like to see a 200mm fan option for the front, but make sure there is 30mm of space to the HDD rack.

Good looking case at a nice pricepoint! I like the airflow potential with this case. I would also like a window option similar to the 650d.

Could we have an option for 3x5.25” bay 120mm fan/HDD cage module or a simple one piece 3-bay mesh cover? Similar to the stuff few competitors make..? I have seen on forum that someone made a DYO fan module with matching mesh cover for 650D, but for those who would rather buy the thing and just pop it in, please..?

+1 for this. Faulkton did a pretty nice mod on his 650d to add another fan in the 5.25 drive bays and I would love to see a 3 bay mesh cover accessorie.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me when this series releases...it says Q3 which is pretty vague. So can we hope for like a July release or what?

Also i think i prefer the 650d but the usb 3.0 motherboard connectors as long as the price keep drawing me back to this new series.

Can anyone tell me when this series releases...it says Q3 which is pretty vague. So can we hope for like a July release or what?

Also i think i prefer the 650d but the usb 3.0 motherboard connectors as long as the price keep drawing me back to this new series.

Read the links and you'll find your answer:

The Corsair Carbide Series 400R and 500R will be available from corsair.com and authorized etailers worldwide in June. The 400R will be available for a US suggested retail price of $99 USD, and the 500R will be available for a US suggested retail price of $139 USD.

• Corsair Employee

Sorry for the delay guys. The 400R should be shipping from China soon - we caught a few things we wanted to perfect before shipping. Little things, really, that 99% of the world would never notice, or you might expect to find on a $99 case, but we felt the right thing to do was delay the case and fix these little problems.

Good news is that I just built my first 400R system yesterday in the lab, and it's just as easy and clean as our other more expensive cases. Though I'll be honest - I did miss the extra room and the easy-access door latches from the bigger cases. :)

Archived