Corsair Community

k55 icue troubleshoot

ProfZoom711

I have a new k55 rgb keyboard and honestly, I don't really know what i'm doing. I have a feeling this will be a fairly simple solution but I have had the keyboard for two dyas now but I just downloaded icue tonight. I watched the tutorial videos and then made a profile and closed out icue. The problem is that now I can't get the keyboard to switch to any of the preset lighting modes. None of the Fn+numbers combos are working anymore. Thanks in advance for your help.

Make sure you are properly sorting your work between software profiles (with the little Corsair symbol) and HW Profiles (with a little SD card). Hardware profiles are just templates for saving more limited settings to the keyboard. You see them while setting it up so you know what you're doing, but it is not a functional profile. Software profiles are fully functional and this is where you should be creating your work.

When iCUE is running, software profiles are in use and iCUE will skip over HW profiles. When iCUE is fully exited (not closed to the task bar), then only HW Profiles are in use. The profile list on the left works in a top down heirarchy. The top software profile on the list (without a program link) is your default profile. It does not matter what you name it and the auto-created 'default profile' has no special properties. You can rename it or delete it. Any time you want a new default profile, drag it to the top of the list. Where people sometimes get tangled up is with a lot of software profiles with specific program links or HW profiles. Both of those are excluded from the normal profile rotation and only are active when their conditions are met (linked program running and in focus or iCUE is not running for HW profile).