Corsair Community

Corsair H115i Fans

Samekas

It’s a PWM controller and that means a constant 12v supply. A 3 pin connected to it will run at maximum all the time with no control.

So I can just connect the pump to the pump mb header and the two fans to the two cpu fans header? And can I control the pump speed with mb? I have a asus maximus viii hero.

Yes, connect the two radiator fans to CPU & OPT. Connect the pump lead to a CHA Fan header. Technically, you don't need to connect the pump lead at all in this arrangement, however it will report half the pump speed and thus let you know it is running as it should. Even though it does not have a speed sensor, I would still set the BIOS controls for the pump header to Full Speed (Q-Fan) or disabled in the advanced BIOS. Some of the other Asus features may still attempt to tune it like a fan if you do not. Not harmful, just wastes time.

When on CPU and its copycat OPT you will be limited to CPU temp fan control. SOmetimes the built in fan delays work and sometimes they do not, but either way you don't need the fans to react to every blip of the CPU cores. Slow to moderate and steady does the job. Keep the curve smooth and gradual.

Yes, connect the two radiator fans to CPU & OPT. Connect the pump lead to a CHA Fan header. Technically, you don't need to connect the pump lead at all in this arrangement, however it will report half the pump speed and thus let you know it is running as it should. Even though it does not have a speed sensor, I would still set the BIOS controls for the pump header to Full Speed (Q-Fan) or disabled in the advanced BIOS. Some of the other Asus features may still attempt to tune it like a fan if you do not. Not harmful, just wastes time.

When on CPU and its copycat OPT you will be limited to CPU temp fan control. SOmetimes the built in fan delays work and sometimes they do not, but either way you don't need the fans to react to every blip of the CPU cores. Slow to moderate and steady does the job. Keep the curve smooth and gradual.

All my chasis fan headers are being used, I thought I would need to connect the pump speed to the water pump header on the MB. Why can't I connect it to it? And when you're reffering to connect to the OPT, it's the header on the top right?

rog_performance_3.png

A W_Pump or AIO_Pump is nothing more than a chassis fan header set to 100% by default. It is marketing lingo and not special in itself. On some boards it can be turned back into a normally functioning CHA fan header. On others it cannot. If you were running the radiator fans from the pump, you would still want the H115i lead on cpu fan to prevent the BIOS boot error. As is, you can put the H115i lead on the pump header and it will be fine.

The OPT header is right next to the cpu fan header. It copies whatever instructions you give the cpu header, but cannot be controlled individually. Keep those SP140L fans on their own headers. They draw too much current to be combined on a splitter.

A W_Pump or AIO_Pump is nothing more than a chassis fan header set to 100% by default. It is marketing lingo and not special in itself. On some boards it can be turned back into a normally functioning CHA fan header. On others it cannot. If you were running the radiator fans from the pump, you would still want the H115i lead on cpu fan to prevent the BIOS boot error. As is, you can put the H115i lead on the pump header and it will be fine.

The OPT header is right next to the cpu fan header. It copies whatever instructions you give the cpu header, but cannot be controlled individually. Keep those SP140L fans on their own headers. They draw too much current to be combined on a splitter.

It's fine so, I will just connect the pump to the pump header because I have no more headers, all of them are being used. And I'm not using that SP140 fans, they are loud.

Archived