Corsair Community

Strafe RGB Mk.2 not working...on ONE computer

1_rick

I have my keyboard plugged into a KVM, and it's been working fine for months. I turned on one of the computers last night, switched to it via the KVM button, and the Strafe won't do anything when I hit any key. I unplugged it from the KVM and plugged it directly into the computer--still nothing. I noticed there was an iCue update recently and applied that, no change. However, I then noticed that the lighting responded to changes in iCue (switch from rainbow wave to visor, etc., the keyboard lights change) and the volume scroller works, but none of the actual keys do anything.

I plugged the keyboard into a different computer and it works there. A different keyboard works fine in the first computer (I'm typing this post in that way now). I tried doing the soft reset for Mk.2 keyboards a couple of times--no response, the lights never came on, but like I said earlier, it works fine on a different machine.

Any ideas?

• 2 months later...
I have my keyboard plugged into a KVM, and it's been working fine for months. I turned on one of the computers last night, switched to it via the KVM button, and the Strafe won't do anything when I hit any key. I unplugged it from the KVM and plugged it directly into the computer--still nothing. I noticed there was an iCue update recently and applied that, no change. However, I then noticed that the lighting responded to changes in iCue (switch from rainbow wave to visor, etc., the keyboard lights change) and the volume scroller works, but none of the actual keys do anything.

I plugged the keyboard into a different computer and it works there. A different keyboard works fine in the first computer (I'm typing this post in that way now). I tried doing the soft reset for Mk.2 keyboards a couple of times--no response, the lights never came on, but like I said earlier, it works fine on a different machine.

Any ideas?

Based upon my experience, the issue is most likely related to your KVM and you will need to disable the keyboard emulation to get it working again.