Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cases

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2020, 11:58 AM
Yaboze's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1029636
Yaboze Reputation: 10
Default Creaking ole' 600T and RGB 200mm fans

Hi all,

I have a 600T and it's a solid case that has held up for a few builds. It's easy to work in and haven't had a reason to replace it.

However, mine still creaks at times due to heating up and cooling. I tried double-sided tape on the window, etc, no dice. Anyone know if it's the side panels that are doing it or other parts? Any tips? I could buy a new case, but I don't see the point and this is most likely eligible for any RMA. Sometimes the noise is startling it's so loud.

Lastly, will Corsair please make a RGB upgrade kit for 200mm fans? Please, I'd love to get RGB and iCue support.

Thanks.

Old 01-03-2020, 02:30 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1029655
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10

1. You will have to be more specific, I'm not sure what you mean by "creaks". From the sound of it, it sounds like you are trying saying to say the side panel is vibrating?

2. 200mm fan is no longer relevant. We have no plan to renew that size fan at all. Sorry.

Old 01-03-2020, 03:16 PM
Yaboze's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1029670

It's not vibrating. The system is at rest temperate when it's powered up. Start a game and as it heats up inside it makes popping sounds, like a car when the engine is turned off after it's hot from use (cooling down). It sounds like someone walking on a wooden floor.

Old 01-03-2020, 07:24 PM
newfiend
newfiend's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1029692
newfiend Reputation: 10

I have replaced mine as they "wore out" from here. These will fit,.. you may have to get creative with mounting but I did get these to fit and work in my old 600T.

https://www.newegg.com/aerocool-200r...82E16835129066

newfiend~

Old 01-06-2020, 02:30 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1030038
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaboze View Post
It's not vibrating. The system is at rest temperate when it's powered up. Start a game and as it heats up inside it makes popping sounds, like a car when the engine is turned off after it's hot from use (cooling down). It sounds like someone walking on a wooden floor.
Sounds like the fan blades may be out of balance. You probably should replace it.

Old 01-07-2020, 11:45 AM
Yaboze's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1030209

Thanks, newfiend.

It's not the fan blades. It's the case as heat builds up inside and then cools, the walls and sides get pressure and it makes sounds like a creaking floor. There are many threads here on it from a few years ago

Anyway, while I understand RGB fans of the 120mm and 140mm variety are more popular and standard these days, I don't think saying 200mm is "no longer relevant" is not a good practice. There are thousands of 650, 600T's still out there and they use 2x 200mm fans that Corsair decided to use. These fans can end up failing and because you used non-standard thickness and mounting, 3rd party fans must be modded to fit. The Corsair website doesn't even manage to stock them any more. So while I guess I can't expect RGB fans, it seems we can't even get a replacement.

So in the future, case owners by Corsair, you better hope that your perfectly working case that can fit future ATX motherboards 5 years from now (if you intend to reuse it), and doesn't have some kind of fan failure, RGB/iCue controller failure or other issue because it is deemed no longer relevant. :\

In the mean time, I have gone to a 600T modders forum and fixed my issue.

Last edited by Yaboze; 01-07-2020 at 11:50 AM.