Corsair Community

Vengeance PRO RGB poor colour consistency

I'm afraid no amount of software work can compensate for non matched LEDs.

Unless corsair tests and matches every single LED that goes into their products, you're bound to see these color patches.

I guess it could be worked around by painstakingly adding a static color correction per LED, and then making your usual lighting profile on top of it.

But having color correct, matched RGB fans/ram/gizmos would cost more than we'd be ready to pay for fancy lighting.

• 2 weeks later...
I just registered to post this. I don't think it's a problem with the LEDs, I think it's a software problem. First enable full software control on settings for the RAM. Then you can make the RAM sticks have a "background" static color, let's say white. Then you add a second effect, like Rain, with a red color. You can control each LED by clicking on each box on the sticks. If you enable just 1 stick, you'll see that you get full color, BUT the instant you enable the effect on the second stick, you'll start having inconsistency on the first stick, with a less brighter effect. It's like 2 LEDs shut down the moment the effect is enabled on the second stick. It doesn't matter which stick you light first.

I just tested it and out of 4 sticks, there's always 2 sticks with a long trail and 2 sticks with short trail.

If you only select one stick, there's only long trail (rain effect).

As for brightness, i didn't see any difference between having the effect on only one stick or 2, 3 and 4. The white, and red are visually as bright no matter how many sticks are lit.

I am getting the same color bleeding and inconsistencies.Our Verdict. Superb performance and moderate pricing earns the Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 our Editor's Choice Award for RGB-equipped memory, though its pastel colors might be off-putting to a few builders.my game computer use Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO.i earn money by farming fifa coins on fifa ultimate team,Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO ram make my computer run very well. Edited by player1986

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried on new Gskill Trident Z Neo, although it's less noticeable, there's slight tone differences.

It's already hard and costly to tone match white LEDs, so, i wouldn't expect RGB ones to be any easier, with 3 LEDs per chip.

I believe it's more noticeable on the Vengeance because they have 10 LEDs each to start with and they are a bit less diffused, so, tone differences jump out.

Matching chips would be economically disastrous for corsair, but adding a LED color trim to iCUE may be doable.. if you are willing to color correct each LED by hand ^^ (and if they even read this forum)

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, I have the exact same issue. In fact, many people do. It's quite disappointing considering the amount of money these cost. I bought 2x8GB at first, then added 2x8GB more a few months later. The color consistency is so bad. There's no tweaking possible to match these colors. It just won't work. I've actually been contemplating getting rid of them all and going with a different brand, or better yet get rid of my whole system and build something newer, without Corsair products. Yea, I'm that extreme at this point!!!

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but I'm gonna give you the good about Corsair first, and then the bad. My H115i performs really well. I can OC to 5.1GHz on an i7-7700K while keeping temps under 90C, so that's quite impressive considering i used the stock thermal compound. A+ on that product. My M65 Pro mouse is pretty good also. I use one at work and one at home. B+ on that product. Besides this, I've had the worst luck with Corsair RAM and Commander Pro on my build and it feels like I put hubcaps on a Ferrari... From the color consistency, to failed LED strips, to Commander Pro not supporting any of my Noctua fans (far from pro in my opinion). Once again, very disappointed over the fact that Corsair will just tell you that your computer itself is the issue or the type of other hardware you're using. Basically you need everything Corsair in order to get their attention or get proper support. Want my advice? Go with Asus products. You'll pay a bit more, but they're far more superior and will last you 10-15 yrs.

FWIW, I have one stick (of 4) that always shows a slightly higher Blue tone. It's most noticeable on White of course, but it can be seen on any color that involves Blue.

I'm thinking this whole RGB thing should have run it's course by now anyway...

• 2 months later...

I could live with some small variations in colour but I bought two sets of 2x8GB a few months apart and you can immediately tell which ones are from which set. It's especially bad when you set them to white. Again, I understand it's difficult to get a perfect white using RGBs but the two older sticks have a dirty yellowish colour which looks completely out of place when I set the other sticks and my Corsair fans to white. They aren't perfectly white either but it's at least a cooler blue tint which is more fitting. In hindsight I should have bought all four sticks as part of the same pack but Corsair is selling dummy sticks just for the RGB alone so I feel like you should be able to expect better consistency between packs. I also bought two triple packs QL120s and they are perfectly consistent, both within and across the packs. The older sticks are also noticeably duller in general. I don't know whether Corsair would consider them faulty or whether they consider this level of inconsistency as acceptable. Their RAM certainly looks more consistent in all their advertising materials and the whites actually look white.

2ehN4iJ.jpg

Edited by tomkido1604

• 1 month later...
Quick update for anyone with similar issues. It's now five days since I last spoke to a Corsair representative, and while they were very helpful and keen to have the kit returned to them for investigation our window of opportunity to do this has now closed and the kit will be returned to Amazon for a refund.

It’s disappointing that I’ve not heard anything more on the subject when it was clear there was a definite time constraint. I thought we had a chance of making some progress as this should be a great product and I didn’t particularly want to return it, but equally didn’t want to be stuck with a product I was unhappy with. I do wonder if this is a broader problem that is going unnoticed by those using animated rainbow configurations as it’s only really apparent with single static colours using a mix of RGB, such as yellow, purple or white.

I was briefly tempted to return the set and upgrade to the new Dominator RGB but I couldn’t be bothered facing the same potential QC issues with the lighting so have ordered some memory from a completely different manufacturer.

Well, FWIW, I'm fairly certain Amazon sent me your kit as a replacement for some RAM that wouldn't perform at spec :sigh!:

I'm wondering if any Corsair RGB RAM is consistent across modules, or RGB types. Right now I'm looking at 4 sticks of very Pink Vengeance Pro RAM next to a very Purple Capellix pump. Both are being fed the same color parameters. I guess the best option is to set everything to a fast Psychedelic Splatter pattern and pretend everything is cool!

• 10 months later...

I have the exact same issue. I bought 2 kits of 2x8gbs in December and the white light is inconsistant between them, whats really annoying me. Wife says im a bit OCD on this since even the whites on my AIO are bugging me and I'm planning ot return it to get the LCD one.

Unfortunately it's the second time I'm having issues with Corsair products. Frist was H100i elite (so noisy even in iddle) and now I can see that the RAMs leds are an issue. Might end up returning the RAMs and try to get some others. First time I dont use a Corsair AIO and if I return the sticks it will be the first time I wioll have a build without any corsair product.

.20220205_115337.thumb.jpg.0ec40ecb8dde660f4fd4a8730b6c0637.jpg

20220205_115415.thumb.jpg.f71860d6369591910f31c62c32e0ac91.jpg

• 11 months later...

Just going to chip in on this, i've just received my second kit of 2 x 8GB within about a week of each other from the same retailer and came looking for a topic like this, honestly surprised at how many have had the exact same issue. 

Exact same thing as other have been saying, colours between the kits are inconsistent, one kit is perfectly white and the other has a blue/green hue to it, which carries throughout whatever colour is picked.

Really shocked that this has been going on since 2019 and still happening in 2023. It's an obvious colour difference in the photos, but even more noticeable in person. 

I fully believe this has nothing to do with software, as you can see in one of my photos, when the RGB is off, the strips even look different from each other, 1&3 are cloudier than 2&4, which i think is causing the weird inconsistent colours. 

Has there been a fix given for this or is it just pot luck whether you get a good set or not at this point?

image_67236353.JPG

image_67231489.JPG

unnamed.jpg