Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB Question

NOVA_S118

Hi, new here. I've been researching and acquiring parts for a new build for the last few months. I've had the Obsidian 500D RGB in my eye for this build for ever now and was waiting for this exact week to purchase it.

Now apparently its out of stock everywhere (Amazon, Newegg) and Canadas Computer only shows 1 and its pick up local and NOT even close to me. And the worst part is the fact it JUST happened. I had it in my cart for a week now just waiting, then I get a message from Amazon saying its not available, and then i checked Newegg and they had 1 and the next day, gone.

Now Canadas Computer and Newegg both say they don't know when stock will return.

So after all of that, can anyone tell me if its being discontinued? Doesn't make sense to me where it's been less than a year. Or do you think they're coming out with something new? Should I wait and see or plan a different case? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!

Skip it, the case is not that great to build in and the commander pro is trash. You'd be better off just getting a pwm fan hub that can actually power/detect more than 1 fan per header and plugging it into a PWM header on your mainboard and using the board's sw to control the fan. The only thing the 500D has going for it is the glass front panel.

Skip it, the case is not that great to build in and the commander pro is trash. You'd be better off just getting a pwm fan hub that can actually power/detect more than 1 fan per header and plugging it into a PWM header on your mainboard and using the board's sw to control the fan. The only thing the 500D has going for it is the glass front panel.

I have the 500D RGB SE case and it is great, the Commander PRO does its job for me. The case has space for up to 6 fans, so it is perfect for the Commander PRO. You dont need more fans per header.

Archived