Corsair Community

I believe I have the updated, fixed version of the Corsair Force 3 120GB SATA3 SSD, as the box says "1124xxxxx", but I am having temperature errors, according to HD TUNE PRO, Version 4.61, reading 128 -C temps, no fluctuation. I assume a read error of the SSD's firmware?-------

I have used several other HDDs, and have not once had a temperature error. Now, aside from that temperature error, I have the drive running on a SATA2 ICH10R onboard SATA port, and HD TUNE PRO Benchmark peaks at 262MB/s. I previously had the SSD connected to the SIIG DP SATA 6Gb/s 2S1P PCIe Raid Card, which uses the Marvell 88SE9128 SATA3 chip, but my Benchmark speeds were peaked at 196MB/s! ..so I removed the so called SATA3 controller, and am using SATA2 ICH10R on my Asus P5E, only has native SATA2 ports, and leaving it as such, since i got almost 70MB/s higher read. (Anyone using the mentioned PCIe x1 cards sucessfully attaining SATA3 speed with Corsair SSDs?)

Main questions: 1-- Is 262MB/s peak read results decent, using Corsair Force 3 120GB on Sata2 ports? 2-- Is there anything i can do to fix the 128 -C temperature error reads, maybe a firmware reflash on the "1124xxxxx" SSD? 3-- Does Corsair suggest/test with any specific PCIe SATA3 RAID/Adapter cards?

Ok, cool. No temp sensor. Other SSD I used gave a 0 -C reading so, I was not sure, as with looking at specifications, operating temperature was much lower, but I assume that was using a sensor that does not come with retail drives. Also, you cannot recommend any controller cards, due to not testing Corsair SSD's with any, or due to none allowing Corsair SSD's to run at optimal rated speed, or a company disclosure issue? (cannot favor one over the other)

• 1 month later...

Archived