Corsair Community

K95 Platinum HW Profiles Blank on Import

stk34630

I just built a second PC and I want to use my K95 Platinum on it. I successfully saved 3 profiles to hardware on my original PC, however, upon import on the new PC all of the profiles are blank. Only the names show up. If I plug the keyboard back into the original machine everything shows up just fine.

I also noticed WAY prior to this that I had no color profile on the keyboard until the PC finishes booting. It started doing that when I had on board profiles saved then did a fresh install of iCUE. After iCUE installed I will have nothing until the boot finishes, where before I could cycle through the profiles as soon as I turned my PC on.

I don't care if the solution is hardware or software specific. I just want to be able to import my profiles on my new machine without having to remake them.

Firmware: 3.21.28

Software: 3.30.89

Note: I tried again before posting for screenshots and the same result

OLDPC1.thumb.png.8760720f09c39bcd532d3200195c1f17.png

NEWPC1.thumb.png.39f56c5ab91ea29e0f4ae6e4967ecfe6.png

OLDPC2.thumb.png.477a10bb471ea2a04e2b91ba2d4939ad.png

NEWPC2.thumb.png.c56e9d401fdf9cca37acf08c92411391.png

You may have hardware profile information saved in those (1) (2) (3), but those are software profiles. Is the issue the effects in the Hardware Lighting tab are missing? Or won't save? From your screen shots the Hardware lighting tabs are empty so there are no effects to save.

I get yesterday my K95 platinum and i am also on Firmware: 3.21.28 Software: 3.30.89 and profiles seem not stored on internal flash becouse when i move my keyboard to another pc they start from rainbow animation. I have try to reset and cleared internal memory ma nothing change...

• 2 weeks later...
You may have hardware profile information saved in those (1) (2) (3), but those are software profiles. Is the issue the effects in the Hardware Lighting tab are missing? Or won't save? From your screen shots the Hardware lighting tabs are empty so there are no effects to save.

If I am understanding you correctly, there are features of a profile that are strictly hardware or software. So the reactive typing, which I think is a software feature, cannot be ported via the hardware?

Yes, there are some effects that cannot be used in hardware mode with the little chip in the keyboard working alone. You are also limited to 1 "preset effect" (like Spiral Rainbow) or up to 5 custom effects (static/ripple/wave). Fortunately, type lighting is one of the available presets, both in ripple and per key form. You can do that. You can't make the lighting respond to CPU temp (or whatever) without the software to fetch the info.

The process in general is a bit confusing now. The prior method was to use these K95P HW1-3 profiles as a template for creating and saving the effects. You make it in the Hardware profile, then use the Onboard Profiles tab to save it to a slot. Now you also have the ability to save a hardware lighting or actions list from any software profile. The mechanic is the same, but it makes explaining it more difficult as you can do it from any profile. My general advice is to stick to using the HW profiles for people who make a lot of software profiles. If you only use a couple, then you will be able to easily find where you've stashed the hardware lighting within one of your software profiles.