Corsair Community

Problem iCUE software with Mouse Harpoon Wireless

Skyn0s

Hello everybody,

I create that thread cause i encountered a very problematic problem concerning the mouse I recently bought (2 days ago).

The mouse is working correctly (even with the annoying rainbow default effect), as long as i don't install the iCUE software.

In fact if I do, my OS (Windows 10 64 Bits on the 1909 build) correctly recognize the software, launch and everything but two facts appeared.

1 - If i shuntdown my pc... the following message appeared :

--------

Title : Corsair.Service.DisplayAdapter.exe - Application error.

The exception Exception software unknown (0xe434352) happened into the application 0x0000000077144402

---------

P.S : I have a screenshot if needed but i have a French environment

The fact is that if i do not have the software everything goes well...except the rainbow thing...and that i can't really choose my option concerning the led.

2 - the second point is really, really annoying...i became made cause it's been 2 hours that i search the answer, and the only one who made disappeared the problem was to uninstall the software of the new mouse (:laughing:).

If i have iCUE my mouse is 3 times on 4, even 4 on 4 if i try to solve anything... double clicking and unable to highlight.

Let's say that i work on my computer, with excel, word, photoshop and illustrator, i played game also and i can't accept to have that kind of major bug...

I specified on my profil my configuration but stay available to send any information required.

All my drivers and software are updated, and the version of iCUE concerned is the 3.28.70 but other (less recent) are doing the same.

I uninstalled and restart my computer, but those aren't solutions at all.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Sorry to double post but... someone here can help me ?!

Still didn't reinstall iCUE cause both problems described above are for sure provoked by the program, and/or by an incompatibility.

Thank you in advance.

Hello Skyn0s,

This is what I did to stop my Harpoon wireless mouse from constant double clicking (your #2 issue):

1. I made a post here on the forum asking for help, like you did.

2. One of the Corsair forum support people sent me a private message and asked me to write up a 'Support Ticket' (which is at the top menu of this forum).

3. I created the support ticket. That was a week ago. Maybe the Corsair support team is over burdened; they have not gotten back to me.

4. While waiting for help via the Ticket system, I searched the forum for 'Harpoon double', and found a temporary fix that worked for me. I used old (legacy) firmware for the mouse and the dongle, and forced the update within the iCUE application. No more double click, and the mouse is usable for my needs. I think the mouse is fine, but the software and/or firmware is at fault.

I expect that Corsair will fix the Harpoon firmware and iCUE app - eventually - and I can wait. My mouse is 6 months old, and I really like it. However, if I had just purchased it 2 days ago (like you) I would return it and ask for a refund and then buy some other brand of mouse that does not have unsolved issues, and that would eliminate the need to wait for a fix in iCUE and the firmware.

Hello Skyn0s,

This is what I did to stop my Harpoon wireless mouse from constant double clicking (your #2 issue):

1. I made a post here on the forum asking for help, like you did.

2. One of the Corsair forum support people sent me a private message and asked me to write up a 'Support Ticket' (which is at the top menu of this forum).

3. I created the support ticket. That was a week ago. Maybe the Corsair support team is over burdened; they have not gotten back to me.

4. While waiting for help via the Ticket system, I searched the forum for 'Harpoon double', and found a temporary fix that worked for me. I used old (legacy) firmware for the mouse and the dongle, and forced the update within the iCUE application. No more double click, and the mouse is usable for my needs. I think the mouse is fine, but the software and/or firmware is at fault.

I expect that Corsair will fix the Harpoon firmware and iCUE app - eventually - and I can wait. My mouse is 6 months old, and I really like it. However, if I had just purchased it 2 days ago (like you) I would return it and ask for a refund and then buy some other brand of mouse that does not have unsolved issues, and that would eliminate the need to wait for a fix in iCUE and the firmware.

Thank you RainerB for your detailed answer.

So I will do the same concerning the Support Ticket System. And since we have the same issue concerning the Harpoon Double Clicking, we can keep informed each other if we have a return about the Support service.

In fact i would have do a refund if it was a real problem on the mouse, but I can tell that this is a software issue, cause it worked with some temporary fixed like you did. So for the moment i didn't installed iCUE and since the drivers are not there i keep my mouse wired. And i can use it normally, without the frustration to not use it until i have been contacted by the support service.

But again thank you for your answer, in fact it is useful because no i don't feel just the one with that issue.

Have a good day.