Corsair Community

Copy lightning profile in iCUE

Rhialto

I had the K70 RGB Silent MK.1 with a lightning profile I made a while ago.

Just bought another K70 RGB Silent, the MK.2 now and I see this one now have 3 hardware profiles. I wish I could copy my Default profile I've made to HW. Seems simple and intuitive but I can't find how to do this. From searching on that subject, it looks like it's not an option.

What about a future iCUE version which can do this?

Probably not. The purpose of the HW saves is to guide you in creating a savable profile. There are a lot off effects available for the software profiles you cannot use on hardware profiles that must run from the device alone. The HW profile is a template. In short, you are not going to be able to save the 28 gradient/wave keyboard profile anyway. Keep it simple on the HW saves, but it still does have a lot of options.

I understand... but in my case I use Color Wave twice and Type Lightning, all available on HW profiles. Had hope to copy/paste instead of having to setup all 3 but whever, I see we can only use one predefined and 5 personalized.

Can we select which HW profile run when session is locked?

Edited by Rhialto

Yes. With CUE not running, use the keyboard “profile button” to cycle between the three HW profiles. It will remember where you left it. With iCUE running, that button cycles between your available software profiles.

You should be able to copy eligible effects to the Lighting Library from a software profile and paste them into a HW profile. Don’t forget you must manually save the HW profile to a HW slot on the keyboard.