Corsair Community

Vox9

Hi,

Has anyone experienced their unit to be significantly affected by positioning the case on the side (horizontal) vs vertical position?

At the beginning I was getting idle temps in the pump about 28 degrees and 33 in the cpu and at 100% load about 41 in the pump and 61 for cpu. However after some time idle temps changed to 35 for pump and 40 for cpu but at load I'm getting 56 for pump and 85 for cpu and climbing.

I reseated the heatsink, new paste, checked the fans, new firmware, new bios, got rid of the dust etc... no effect. But I've noticed that when I put the case on the side (horizontal) on the floor the pump makes the infamous grinding noise. If the case is in a vertical position the noise disappeares. However it seems to be better when the pc is turned on while in a horizontal position for some time (close to the original temps above) but after few hours it comes back. Seems like an airlock but I wasn't able to get rid of it by having the radiator above the pump for some time or by tapping the tubes etc..

Do you think there is a problem with the pump and I should rma it or could it be my installation even though I checked pretty much everything? Just trying to make sure it's not something on my end before I send it back...

Thanks

Archived