Corsair Community

K63 & Dark Core RGB Wireless Issues

coltslaughter

I just got the K63 wireless keyboard and dark core rgb mouse. I am having the below issues. Does anyone know how to fix them? I have updated to the latest CUE software and keyboard/mice firmware. I am using Windows 10 latest update. The two wireless dongles are plugged into an amazonbasics usb 2.0 hub, which is plugged into the usb 2.0 port on my motherboard. The hub with the dingles is about 1 ft from where I am sitting in direct sight of the mouse and keyboard. I have also tried plugging the dongles directly into the computer, which did not improve the issues.

1. When playing a game and holding "W" to move forward, my character will constantly stop moving and I have to depress "W" and push it again to continue moving forward.

2. The mouse will randomly stutter when moving as if it does not have a good connection.

Hardware: Dark Core RGB, K63 Wireless

Latest CUE, latest firmware for both devices

I have the same exact issue. I happened to be looking at the Global Settings in CUE, and noticed whenever the issue happened, a (yellow I think?) exclamation mark would appear next to the keyboard icon. I believe that's the device not detected icon. So it seems something is causing the device to quickly be disconnected / not detected, required the user to release and repress the key they were pressing before. A computer reboot fixed the problem, but the issue reappeared a little after. I moved the dongles to USB 3 ports and will see if I still get the issue.

Let me know if I can do any testing to help root cause or test firmware.

Exact same issues on my end. Own both the K63 wireless and the Dark Core RGB. Nothing but problems. Firmware up to date. I've done everything I can think of in my settings. Nothing works. Just disconnects constantly when I'm gaming. I'll be going then it just stops for a split second and I have to push again to move. Also notice the yellow caution sign in CUE. It'll pop on for a second then go back just like the GIF that was posted above. Really disappointed.

Exact same issues on my end. Own both the K63 wireless and the Dark Core RGB. Nothing but problems. Firmware up to date. I've done everything I can think of in my settings. Nothing works. Just disconnects constantly when I'm gaming. I'll be going then it just stops for a split second and I have to push again to move. Also notice the yellow caution sign in CUE. It'll pop on for a second then go back just like the GIF that was posted above. Really disappointed.

seems like a temporary work around is to disconnect and recoonect the dongle when the connection issues happen. I put mine on the usb cord it came with and at least it's usable for 10-20 mins for me. Super annoying though.

I have same connection issues with my keyboard, only disconnecting usb receiver helps to find keyboard again. Latest firmware and CUE.

Does this keyboard have any hibernation mode when not in use? I thought battery would last for weeks if you are not using it while mine lasts 4 days (backlight off and not using it). Seems very poor :/

i have a ton of problems with my k63 and dark core problems, both wireless, when both running wireless, they conflict with each other, and constantly disconnect

I returned my Dark Core RGB and kept the lapboard + K63 because I like them so much. Picked up the G903 and I've had no issue with either of them since. I have a feeling the 2.4 receivers were interfering with each other.

Almost every time I start my PC I have to unplug/plug the receiver as it doesn't see the keyboard. Also charged battery on Sunday afternoon, 3 days later (used it maybe for 5hrs since), red battery light...

It's really good product, nice to use, so it's a shame it's got those problems, overall I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, unless software can fix it.

• Corsair Employee

Hi Everyone,

We're working on getting a blog post put up to help everyone ensure the best wireless connectivity, but in the meantime I can share with you some of that content below:

The for the best ultra-fast wireless performance, CORSAIR recommends positioning the USB wireless receiver as close to the product as possible by plugging it into:

1. A front panel USB port on your desktop system

2. The USB charging / data cable via the USB cable adapter

3. A nearby USB pass-through port (for example on MM1000)

Moving the USB wireless receiver away from other USB wireless devices, wireless networking equipment, or USB storage devices (such as flash drives) can also improve wireless performance.

Regarding sleep/hibernation and battery life, both products feature a power switch and are meant to be turned off when not in-use for long periods of time. They do have states to conserve power, but they are also complex, robust, and responsive high-performance devices akin to their wired counter-parts.

Thanks!

Regarding sleep/hibernation and battery life, both products feature a power switch and are meant to be turned off when not in-use for long periods of time. They do have states to conserve power, but they are also complex, robust, and responsive high-performance devices akin to their wired counter-parts.

Can you provide an approximate range of how many hours we should be getting per charge (Dark Core)? I am concerned mine goes from a high to low battery state in 3-4 hours with a 15 minute sleep timer enabled.

Is there a difference between the "sleep" state of the mouse and full off? I don't necessarily mind switching the mouse off, but trying to flip that switch once the PC has been put to sleep without making it is not all that easy.

Presumably power saving mode reduces polling rate and LED brightness, however this does not seem to be explained anywhere.

Hello,

I have a K63 wireless and using a usb 3.0, have had no connectivity issues, running the latest Windows 10 preview build, but have had wireless interference issues with 2.4ghz devices in the past which produced the consequence of inordinately long key press detection and disconnecting altogether.

Just offering a humble suggestion to isolate the issue, can you try the keyboard with no other 2.4ghz devices by temporarily turning off bluetooth devices, 802.11b/g/n, other custom 2.4 wavelength dongles, etc ? If you find that there are no problems when you do this, it may be worth the effort to try re-enabling the devices one at a time, as the problem may be a specific combination of 2.4ghz devices. If that is the case, perhaps you can try using the usb extension cable to move the offending dongle or the compromised dongle to a different area as perhaps you can find a location in which reception is fine while still far enough away from other devices to prevent interference ? I would just like to reiterate that this has happened to me multiple times with multiple devices so if you are still having problems, please do not dismiss this possibility prematurely.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Hello all. I have had constant disconnecting issues with both my K63 keyboard and Dark Core RGB mouse. I have tried everything I could think of, I tried swapping the dongles around in every combination with the ports and nothing seemed to work. The only thing I was able to do in order to keep from returning the setup was USB extension cables. I used one extension cable with a dongle for the keyboard and another USB extension cable and had to use the mouse WIRED. There was no other way to use the mouse as it was going ballistic when it did have a connection. Lastly, I had updated the firmware on both the keyboard and mouse and was running the latest version of CUE.

Fast forwarding a bit, I tried the keyboard and mouse combo on my laptop and after 30 minutes of use I didn't see a single disconnect. That raised suspicions for me. So what I did after that was move my Comcast modem/router as far from my PC case as I could(I have wire management limiting me at the moment(might cut everything to move it more)) . After moving the router/modem away I tried the keyboard and mouse again and have only had a few hiccups so far. I was able to play Witcher 3 for at least an hour straight without noticing any sort of disconnect. Hopefully someone else can resolve their problem as well by doing some of the things I have mentioned here, good luck.

Please let me know if you fixed your problem(s) in some other way, thanks guys.

• 2 months later...

Cue2

got the messages:

1. Turn on your device and plug in the ......

2. Disconnect the usb cable.....

I cant see anymore as 3 etc is obstructed by a window (Settings)

I am on a TV monitor and text is enlarged.

What do I do to start the uppdate?

screenshot attached

1244413343_Screenshot(43).thumb.png.c70e54c36facafb8deb9083125960e30.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I was experiencing a massive issue with my new Corsair Dark Core SE wireless mouse but I think I may have solved the issue. Sharing this so that hopefully it may benefit you or others.

My issue: The mouse would randomly disconnect within Windows 10 or gaming. No audible or visual clues - the mouse pointer would just stop dead. Turning the mouse off and on would jump start it into working again however it would disconnect a short time later. Disconnection time was anywhere between 1 - 10 minutes.

What I did

1. Updated iCUE and firmware to latest = no success.

2. Tried different USB ports, restarting PC and re-pairing mouse = no luck.

3. Disabling USB selective sleep/suspension through power settings and USB devices in device manager = did nothing.

4. Turned off 2.4Ghz wireless networks in my router and switch (I use 5Ghz for everything anyway) = no dice.

5. Desperation levels. I went around the house and turned off everything wireless one by one. 5.1 stereo system = no luck, PS4 = no luck.

!Checked the smart TV. Found out that it was broadcasting bluetooth!?! Turned that crap off. Came back to mouse. NO DISCONNECTION PROBLEMS!

I will keep an eye on it but so far it has been going for an extended period of time with no issues.

From my experience I believe interference to be a big cause of the problems many are finding with this mouse and other wifi devices. In my case the culprit was something not overly obvious. Hope this helps some people. If it does Corsair owe me a beer :greengrin

I was experiencing a massive issue with my new Corsair Dark Core SE wireless mouse but I think I may have solved the issue. Sharing this so that hopefully it may benefit you or others.

My issue: The mouse would randomly disconnect within Windows 10 or gaming. No audible or visual clues - the mouse pointer would just stop dead. Turning the mouse off and on would jump start it into working again however it would disconnect a short time later. Disconnection time was anywhere between 1 - 10 minutes.

What I did

1. Updated iCUE and firmware to latest = no success.

2. Tried different USB ports, restarting PC and re-pairing mouse = no luck.

3. Disabling USB selective sleep/suspension through power settings and USB devices in device manager = did nothing.

4. Turned off 2.4Ghz wireless networks in my router and switch (I use 5Ghz for everything anyway) = no dice.

5. Desperation levels. I went around the house and turned off everything wireless one by one. 5.1 stereo system = no luck, PS4 = no luck.

!Checked the smart TV. Found out that it was broadcasting bluetooth!?! Turned that crap off. Came back to mouse. NO DISCONNECTION PROBLEMS!

I will keep an eye on it but so far it has been going for an extended period of time with no issues.

From my experience I believe interference to be a big cause of the problems many are finding with this mouse and other wifi devices. In my case the culprit was something not overly obvious. Hope this helps some people. If it does Corsair owe me a beer :greengrin

Unfortunately I spoke too soon. The mouse was working well for a night and day however all of sudden tonight it began having the exact same wireless connectivity issues. Tested it on a different PC and experienced the same problem. I will be returning this mouse to the retailer. Such a shame, was a big fan of the design and feel :[pouts:

• 4 weeks later...

So, I have to make sure that all my wireless equipment is moved to different locations to use this product???? Guess I'll go back to logitech.

Hi Everyone,

We're working on getting a blog post put up to help everyone ensure the best wireless connectivity, but in the meantime I can share with you some of that content below:

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So... has this issue been fixed with a new firmware yet? It's been many months since people started reporting connectivity issue with the Corsair Dark Core RGB SE wireless mouse, but I see no one here or anywhere that says connectivity is perfectly stable now...

I really want this mouse based on its features, but no wireless mouse (or any wireless device) at any price is worth it if connectivity is unstable.

Archived