Corsair Community

Damn it!

User783

When clink developers become "clever"? I have been waiting for several years for possible set the PSU fan speeds value below f*cking 40%. It is so hard to add this??? I want 540 rpm speed instead f*cking 720 rpm. My psu's fan can work at lower rpm then f*cking 40%. Second thing what i want. ADD FAN SLEEP MODE. When psu temp become low and havent enough load then clink should turn off psu fan. DIFFICULT??? OR JUST LAZY???

Back in the day when Corsair actually made quality products (and of course you had to pay a premium to get them) things weren't so bad. TODAY it has been my finding Corsair makes half-baked junk and you still have to pay a premium for it. I'm done with Corsair and Corsair products. I'll stick with what I have but I won't be buying anymore of their junk. If I have to run high end diagnostics like SIV just to maybe, perhaps, make it kinda-sorta work then the product should never have been sold in the first place. These are things Corsair should have addressed before releasing the product. When I buy a product (especially when I have to pay 130+ bux for something as simple as having blue lights in my Corsair Air Flow ram fans) I expect it to work properly out of the box. I don't expect to have to run diagnostics and spend hours of tweaking it before I even stand a remote chance of configuring it!

My Commander Mini won't work properly on Windows 7 Ultimate and it won't work properly on Windows 8.1 Pro either. This is after running many programs and trouble shooting attempts to fix the problem. The grommet on my HX1000i punched right through the PSU when I tried to connect it to the digital cable that came with it so I can't disconnect it now and it's not as though I used excessive force connecting it either. It's simply a design fault. So far no one at Corsair has been able to explain to me what these digital cables are for but I assumed that for someone like me (with very limited USB 2.0 connectivity) I could use it in lieu of the USB connector on my PSU. Wrong again. What the other four headers on my Mini Commander are for is anyone's guess. Corsair Link can't even locate all 8 of my DIMMS which, incidently, consist of matched CORSAIR Dominator Platinum RAM. When I think of the thousands of dollars I've spent on CORSAIR PRODUCTS only to have to endure this sort of shoddy production I can only think of one logical solution: Stop buying expensive junk.

Sorry buddy but methinks we've both been had.

*EDIT >> I forgot to mention I've completely uninstalled COLONAL CLINK. As a result I managed to win back 7+ GB of RAM.

I know how I would do it, but am wondering, how did you do it?

at your own risk

1.Open C:\ProgramData\CLink4\XXXXXXXX.config (check time creation).

2. find FanSettings key "...."

3. "...." decode base64 to text.

4. then change 40% to 30%.

5. then decode text to base64 back.

6. new key insert to XXXXXXXX.config

7. profit

thanks mister didim99 from overclockers.ru!

What program are you using to control your fans?

Id like to say but in doing so would likely break forum policy and get deleted however the answer can be readily found.

In regards to setting fans to 30% you risk stalling them which could cause them to ramp to max before settling back down or even worse and cause them to fault and remain at zero which of course renders them useless till theres a restart,this may be why corsair sets them at 40% as im sure they know their limitations

even more so why i like being able to fully turn off till needed,:D:

Are you tired of doing it manual?

If someone want to know how to set the value fan speed 30% i'll try to explain.

no manual,all 10 fans start stop as needed according to temp and have a choice of fan speed to spin up initially from 0-5 seconds

Archived