Corsair Community

iCUE 3.15.101 - Feedback

tjgodin

• Corsair Employee

First, I will apologize for not releasing patch notes earlier - I was traveling out of the country on business and I am the only one who publishes the patch notes. They have been posted today.

Second, the Gradient Play on Key has been bugged and we will resolve this in v3.16. My apologies for any inconvenience related to this bug.

Third, CPU Usage in DRAM Software Mode Enabled is a known issue and related to how SMBus is configured in order for us to drive lighting in real time. This is a hardware consequence for the moment, but we are working hard to implement a brand new driver to resolve this problem. Its a monumental (and a first of its kind implementation for RGB DRAM) so it's currently in internal testing right now, but preliminary results show a drastic reduction in CPU usage. I am sharing this so there is some transparency into what we are working on to address the issues being reported here.

Third, I am disappointed by some of the snark that exists in a feedback thread. While I understand that there are some poor experiences with our iCUE users, most of these problems are not wide and rampant despite what you may see and read. We always strive to resolve any issues reported to us but the challenge in software is always being able to reproduce it on our end in order to determine the true source of the problem. There are other times that, although may be related to iCUE, it may not actually be the software causing these issues. iCUE is made up of hundreds of separate components (including CPUID SDK) and as we expand on product and software enhancements, there will always be issues that come up. I appreciate any patience and I truly understand any frustration you're all experiencing. No one, especially me first and foremost, wants a bad experience to result from our software. We do everything we can to deliver an amazing experience - it just takes time and research sometimes and why we deploy updates monthly.

• Confused 1

Is this normal? 8% CPU charge on i9 9900k???
No, I don't think so. On my system it consumes 0.3-0.8% of the 9900k. 0.3-0.4% when iCue is "closed" and running in tray only mode, 0.5-0.8% with iCue open or minimized to the taskbar.

First, I will apologize for not releasing patch notes earlier - I was traveling out of the country on business and I am the only one who publishes the patch notes. They have been posted today.

Second, the Gradient Play on Key has been bugged and we will resolve this in v3.16. My apologies for any inconvenience related to this bug.

Third, CPU Usage in DRAM Software Mode Enabled is a known issue and related to how SMBus is configured in order for us to drive lighting in real time. This is a hardware consequence for the moment, but we are working hard to implement a brand new driver to resolve this problem. Its a monumental (and a first of its kind implementation for RGB DRAM) so it's currently in internal testing right now, but preliminary results show a drastic reduction in CPU usage. I am sharing this so there is some transparency into what we are working on to address the issues being reported here.

Third, I am disappointed by some of the snark that exists in a feedback thread. While I understand that there are some poor experiences with our iCUE users, most of these problems are not wide and rampant despite what you may see and read. We always strive to resolve any issues reported to us but the challenge in software is always being able to reproduce it on our end in order to determine the true source of the problem. There are other times that, although may be related to iCUE, it may not actually be the software causing these issues. iCUE is made up of hundreds of separate components (including CPUID SDK) and as we expand on product and software enhancements, there will always be issues that come up. I appreciate any patience and I truly understand any frustration you're all experiencing. No one, especially me first and foremost, wants a bad experience to result from our software. We do everything we can to deliver an amazing experience - it just takes time and research sometimes and why we deploy updates monthly.

Thanks for posting your note and the updates. I continue to find the updates helpful and I would echo that its unfortunate that a few forum users simply "step up on their soap boxes" and are providing little value to the broader forum community. I would note their concerns have been heard loud a clear and simply leave it at that.

For the rest, I'd say I've found Corsair's employees are actually utilizing the forum for feedback and many actually are reaching out to help troubleshoot and improve the functionality of their products. I've found them to be respectful and actually engaged with the forum users. I spend time on a number of other big tech company forums and posts go unanswered, with no resolve. So, I'd acknowledge there is a lot of value to the forum from both the positively engaged users that actually are helpful to others and on Corsair's part.

Tony

No, I don't think so. On my system it consumes 0.3-0.8% of the 9900k. 0.3-0.4% when iCue is "closed" and running in tray only mode, 0.5-0.8% with iCue open or minimized to the taskbar.

Less than 1% on my 8700K with either software control enabled or disabled for my Vengeance RGB Pro memory. iCUE sits at 2%-2.5% if I leave iCUE Spaces up and running on the desktop.

Tony

Hey all,

I've noticed with this update that iCue is not saving all lighting effects, most notably arc doesn't appear to save once you reboot.

Yeah i seem to be suffering from this issue on my LL120 fans. They will switch off the lights upon iCue startup. However my H100i RGB Platinum has no issues saving the arc lighting effect though, so maybe its only specific devices?

Yeah i seem to be suffering from this issue on my LL120 fans. They will switch off the lights upon iCue startup. However my H100i RGB Platinum has no issues saving the arc lighting effect though, so maybe its only specific devices?

Can confirm this one, happens to my LL120 & 140 and it seems to be just arc, others are working fine. Arc does work, as above, on the pump head of my h100i platinum se as well, so it seems to be the fans on the commander pro that are affected.

Since installing three LL140s, Light Node Pro, RGB Lighting Hub and Commander Pro; I have been getting constant USB disconnects on my computer. Is there going to be an update to resolve this? - Both with device firmware or iCue?

Hello First post here,

I too am having an annoying set of issues with my LL120 fans. I have 3 of them with a static color and an arc on top of that. When I boot my system up they run fine (the RGB part, the fans them selves have no issues) for anywhere from 1 minute to several hours. However, when they do act up I get a partial freeze of the effects. The middle and the left one completely freeze, but the right one has 70% or so of the effect freeze but 30% of the remainder of the effect will continue, but only on the leds that aren't frozen.

Sometimes, but rarely, a seemingly random amount of the leds will appear to be doing the default rainbow effect. But only on those leds. But for me it isn't only with the Arc effect, its any effect, so now I have them on static until this is resolved.

• 11 months later...

A few years later with the latest iCUE software, I figured they'd have the USB disconnect sound on startup figured out.

NOPE. I still get that annoying sound. Guess it's time to try a different brand.

The disconnect is the end result, not the problem itself. Not really sure why you are posting in the update notes from a year ago. If you are still using version 3.15, you might try skipping ahead 13 versions to the present.

Or you could just turn off the USB device connect sound assignment in your Windows Sound scheme. Since it seems you are little sensitive, maybe turn off all the Windows sounds.