Corsair Community

Help with TX750W

kzsolt

Hey Guys!

In the summer of 2009 I've bought a Corsair TX750 for my new computer. Recently, a lot of times when I powered my PC down, the PSU fan did not stop spinning. It kept on spinning util I unpugged the cord or switched the PSU switch off. The PC powered down, and worked as it was supposed to, except this little error. Today, I powered my PC down, and I could not power it on again. Here's a video I made of what is going on:

(yea sorry for the crappy quality I made the video with my mobile phone because I do not have a camera, but I hope you guys can see what is going on...)

As you can see in the video, I start vith the cord plugged in, the PSU turned off, and the PC powered down. Then I turn the PSU on, but I do NOT press the Power button on the PC. And even though I did NOT press the power button, the computer already did try to turn on, which it failed. For me it looks like the PSU gives power to the pc in short bursts. It gives power for a moment, and than there's no power for a second. However, the PSU fan spins as it should. I also did the paperclip test. When i attached the paperclip to the connector, the fan started to spin, but it did not stop when I detached the paperclip. It did slow down, but it did not stop. I don't know if it should stop or not, so I'm just saying. The computer's CPU, RAM, Videocard, and hard drive has been tested already (they have all been replaced already because they all have been found to be faulty :(: (maybe the PSU killed them? hope not...)), so it comes down to motherboard and PSU. The reason why I think this is a PSU problem is because I never pressed the power on button, I just turned the PSU on, and the computer was already trying to turn on. I am not sure if it is motherboard or PSU though, so I hope you guys can help me with this.

Allright, so I did some more testing. What I did was I did the paperclip test again, but this time I plugged one of the fans in the PSU. The reason why I did this because if it was running fine with the paperclip, but not with the motherboard, than obviously it would have been the motherboard that's faulty, not the PSU. However the fan did not run fine, it did the same thing that it do last time. This leaves no doubt about the PSU being faulty, and not the MOBO. I already submitted an RMA (actually it's been over 24hours and still no response...) If anyone thinks otherwise, and wants to reply, please do. Otherwise, thread closed.

• Corsair Employee

If the PSU stays on when you remove the paperclip from the green+black pins, then lets get it replaced. Please use the "Request an RMA" link on the left side of this page.

If you already requested the RMA, post your case number here and I will get it approved ASAP!

Archived