The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software > Motherboard Integration

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-29-2020, 11:08 AM
ksj4477's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036390
ksj4477 Reputation: 10
Default How to get rid of iCUE motherboard integration?

The last iCue Update it integrated my motherboard without me wanting iCUE to do it. I didn't want to integrate the motherboard because I have an Asus graphics card and I'd rather just control the MB and graphics card in Aura until I can control everything in iCue someday. After the last update I can't control the graphics card light in Aura and it blinks orange. This is annoying. How do I get rid of the MB integration in iCue and hopefully be able to control graphics card light again?

Thanks
Old 02-29-2020, 11:13 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036391
DevBiker Reputation: 94

There are two ways.
1) Disable plugins. This may prevent other stuff from working tho.
2) Delete the Asus plugin folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins. The downside here is that you'll need to do this with every update.

Either will work. Neither is perfect. What we need is the ability to disable specific plugins.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 03-01-2020, 10:55 AM
ksj4477's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036450

Thanks Dev,

I didn't do anything to the software and started my computer this morning, it seemed like Aura was controlling the MB and the graphics card but my Vengeance RGB ram's lighting was frozen. I tried restarting iCUE which didn't help, so I restarted my computer and now everything works as it was supposed to meaning iCUE is controlling everything except the graphics card which is being controlled by Aura. I'd be happy with it if it stayed this way and not randomly do weird things. At some point i'll want different colors and i'll have to open Aura to change the graphics card light and I fear it will go haywire again.

I have an older motherboard Maximus Hero IX Z270 so maybe that's an issue too? I didn't iCUE was supposed to run a MB that old?
Old 03-01-2020, 11:51 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036455
DevBiker Reputation: 94

AFAIK, it won't control the Z270 series boards but I don't have one installed at the moment to confirm this. So yeah, that's odd.
Did you disable plugins and/or delete the Asus folder?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 03-01-2020, 11:38 PM
Qqu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036522
Qqu Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
There are two ways.
1) Disable plugins. This may prevent other stuff from working tho.
2) Delete the Asus plugin folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\plugins. The downside here is that you'll need to do this with every update.

Either will work. Neither is perfect. What we need is the ability to disable specific plugins.
I have an Asus x570 CH8 and Vengeance PRO RGB memory in which I installed a plug-in to allow Aura Sync to control the memory lighting. As I have aRGB fans and led strips on the motherboard headers, I do not want iCue controlling lighting on this particular system but this update completely borked it all.

Will deleting this folder prevent Aura Sync from controlling the memory now? Seems short sighted not to include a way to prevent iCue from taking over the system.
Old 03-02-2020, 07:31 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 1036611
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksj4477 View Post
The last iCue Update it integrated my motherboard without me wanting iCUE to do it. I didn't want to integrate the motherboard because I have an Asus graphics card and I'd rather just control the MB and graphics card in Aura until I can control everything in iCue someday. After the last update I can't control the graphics card light in Aura and it blinks orange. This is annoying. How do I get rid of the MB integration in iCue and hopefully be able to control graphics card light again?

Thanks
As Devbiker mentioned, go to settings and uncheck the box "Enable plugins." This will disable the ASUS plugin from loading in iCUE. The only other plugin available is for Lenovo so this should not concern you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qqu View Post
I have an Asus x570 CH8 and Vengeance PRO RGB memory in which I installed a plug-in to allow Aura Sync to control the memory lighting. As I have aRGB fans and led strips on the motherboard headers, I do not want iCue controlling lighting on this particular system but this update completely borked it all.

Will deleting this folder prevent Aura Sync from controlling the memory now? Seems short sighted not to include a way to prevent iCue from taking over the system.
You think it is short sighted that iCUE by Corsair shouldn't control Corsair products natively?

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue
Old 03-02-2020, 08:36 PM
ksj4477's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036616

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
AFAIK, it won't control the Z270 series boards but I don't have one installed at the moment to confirm this. So yeah, that's odd.
Did you disable plugins and/or delete the Asus folder?
The Z270 board is being controlled in iCUE and seems to be fully controllable at the moment. I didn't tell iCUE to control it or do anything special, after the last iCUE update it showed up in iCUE.

It seems like everything is working right so I am going to leave the plugin enabled for now. If it gets weird again I'll disable it. I really hope Corsair is planning on integrating ASUS graphics cards because it would be awesome to control everything through iCUE.