Corsair Community

*** 100% failure rate on two Vengeance keyboards (K90 + K95)

daxliniere

What a disappointment.

I bought a K90 which had dead macro keys out of the box. I assumed that the key programming was different to my trusty Logitech G110 and that I was somehow doing it wrong. When I got completely fed up, I downloaded an app which shows every keypress and, sure enough, a bunch of the keys were dead.

A $170 keyboard dead out of the box?!

I had to fight tooth and nail to get an RMA, which took a bloody long time to be replaced.

I managed to convince the store to "let me" pay them extra to upgrade to a K95... and within a few months, I had several dead LEDs.

Again, it took months to get a replacement.

ANOTHER $200 keyboard dead in an unreasonable period of time.

I emailed Corsair back in August asking to be contacted by the head of quality control as I had some concerns over the quality. True to form, I have heard absolutely NOTHING from Corsair.

I sold the brand new replacement K95 that I received and lost about $60 in the process.

I understand spending $200 on a keyboard doesn't mean it will be 100% flawless for everybody, but so far, I've had a 100% FAILURE rate experience.

So why the hell am I here? Why am I even bothering with Corsair again?

1) To raise awareness of this problem to the greater public.

2) Because Corsair is the only manufacturer that offers a keyboard with 18 macro keys. As an audio engineer, this is essential to me.

Corsair, you have cost me time, money and immense frustration. Perhaps you should spend less time deciding on new logos and more time serving your customers.

"Can I get that icon in cornflower blue?"

[ame]

[/ame]

Sorry to hear about your bad experience :(

hm.. do the macro keys show up as a keystroke if nothing is programmed to it?

i had a k90 a long time ago and never had issues with it, and as far as i can remember the macro keys are blank until you program something onto them, since they are not real keys, but i could be wrong here, i can't remember now.

But yeah i have since sold my k90 to a good buddy of mine, and it's still fully functional right now, all keys work with all LEDs intact. His roommate also has a k90 with zero issues.

I currently have a k70 at work, and a k70 rgb at home. never had any issues with them.

My cousin has the k70, and another friend of mine has the k70, zero issues to report.

Maybe im lucky?

And as far as corsair customer service goes, my experience with them has been superb, they promptly reply to tickets, and are very good with phone calls, i've had nothing but very professional communications from them, and their RMA's are also speedy, their advanced RMAs are super fast too. I have experience with their RMA for other items (im a system builder so i tend to do RMAs here and there from time to time), and it's been very smooth every time.

Of course i can only speak for myself, and your experience does sound like a nightmare, especially when we are paying somewhat of a premium for that quality and customer service we expect.

Maybe i've just been very lucky, i dont know.

But you should definitely contact them again and give them another chance, im sure they will make things right for you.

WOW...

My replies to 3 other sympathisers' posts have mysteriously disappeared without a trace...

Corsair forum admin, is this really true? If so, is this really the way to run a business?

Actually no, your posts did not disappear. They were removed by an admin because they violated our forum posting rules. Posts that do not violate these rules are not removed.

Hi Eternitykh,

Thanks for your reply. I've gotten rid of all Corsair keyboards because I felt they were just a(n expensive) liability.

as far as i can remember the macro keys are blank until you program something onto them, since they are not real keys, but i could be wrong here, i can't remember now.

All keys have to transmit some message for them to be seen by computer. It's true that they serve no function until they've been assigned within the Corsair software, but they do still transmit a message and the software I found was able to read those. Either way, that K90 was replaced under warranty.

And as far as corsair customer service goes, my experience with them has been superb, they promptly reply to tickets, and are very good with phone calls, i've had nothing but very professional communications from them, and their RMA's are also speedy, their advanced RMAs are super fast too.

What country are you in? IIRC, Corsair doesn't have an Australian branch, just a distributor. (I could be wrong.)

Actually no, your posts did not disappear. They were removed by an admin because they violated our forum posting rules. Posts that do not violate these rules are not removed.

Is that so, Yellowbeard?

The Corsair User Forums Rules

Although the administrators and moderators of The Corsair User Forums will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of The Corsair User Forums, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of The Corsair User Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Source: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/misc.php?do=showrules (accessed 11:14am (GMT+10) 7/oct/2014)

Perhaps you should check the forum rules you claim to be acting on, or by "objectionable", do you mean "makes Corsair look bad"?

Hi LeChuck,

Thanks for your offer of help. I will be in touch shortly.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi daxliniere,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the keyboard. Please private message me your name or email address so that I can further assist you.

I would like to point out that I've still not been contacted by anyone from Corsair.

100% failure rate on keyboards, 100% failure rate on support.

Truly disheartening, Corsair. What can you do to make this better?

Sincerely,

Dax.

Archived