The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2020, 03:36 AM
Seydos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1038969
Seydos Reputation: 10

Since the Update I cant pick the CPU Temp with my H115I.

I only can pick the RAM Temp oder the H115I Temp wich are both useless.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:36 PM

POST ID # = 1038998
schm0 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackXL View Post
It is probably me but to be honest i find the new naming and categories utterly confusing.

E.g. what is the difference between Actions and Hardware Actions

Is there a proper manual which explains everything? I can't find it and its long overdue if you ask me.

Furthermore, I used to have "profile A" active in windows. When I play a game, the "game profile" becomes active and when I quit the game or alt-tab to windows, Profile A automatically becomes active again.
With this new version of icue, after switching all keys stay unlit. Why ?
Same here.
This all makes no sense.
Bad design choice.
Actions are now the old software profile approach, I guess.
And Hardware Actions, as the name suggests is used for profiles saved on the hardware.
So it is now possible to do software and hardware profiles in one single profile.
But why isn't it possible to copy the actions from the software profile onto the hardware profile?
When I want my software profile to be the same as the hardware profile I have to replicate all settings one by one.
Or did I miss something?

I only use iCUE for my mouse,
why do the background services use 1-5% CPU? I only use static lightning.
I replicated my software profile to a hardware profile and disabled autostart for ICUE and its services.

Then those little things...
- Create a new action give it a name, edit the action (assign keyboard button combination for example), iCUE changes the name of the action to some generic one, why?
- Save the action to the action library, edit the action again, save it to the action library again, did it got replaced? No, you have to search for the old action yourself and delete it

Excuse my words but this so bad, almost as bad as win10 x)

Last edited by schm0; 03-27-2020 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:18 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 1039034
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by schm0 View Post
Same here.
This all makes no sense.
Bad design choice.
Actions are now the old software profile approach, I guess.
And Hardware Actions, as the name suggests is used for profiles saved on the hardware.
So it is now possible to do software and hardware profiles in one single profile.
But why isn't it possible to copy the actions from the software profile onto the hardware profile?
When I want my software profile to be the same as the hardware profile I have to replicate all settings one by one.
Or did I miss something?

I only use iCUE for my mouse,
why do the background services use 1-5% CPU? I only use static lightning.
I replicated my software profile to a hardware profile and disabled autostart for ICUE and its services.

Then those little things...
- Create a new action give it a name, edit the action (assign keyboard button combination for example), iCUE changes the name of the action to some generic one, why?
- Save the action to the action library, edit the action again, save it to the action library again, did it got replaced? No, you have to search for the old action yourself and delete it

Excuse my words but this so bad, almost as bad as win10 x)
The sad reality is Software Actions can allow for more options than Hardware Actions. This is why I had to separate them. If all of the Actions were 1:1, then I would have been able to avoid this scenario.

As for the little things:

1.) You are right. This is something I missed. If you edit the name, changing an action shouldn't change the name. I will resolve this in the future.

2.) This is working as intended. We wanted to make sure actions in the library don't get overwritten in case the changes were not intended.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue
Old 03-28-2020, 02:29 AM

POST ID # = 1039059
Yock Reputation: 10

Have the scroll direction bugged with the K83 been fixed?
Can't access my computer to test atm.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:34 AM
RetrogamerX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039062
RetrogamerX Reputation: 11

Was just about to update and thought I would check here first. A update last year screwed up everything so now I check here first before updating iCUE. Glad I did. Everything is running fine on my last update so I'll stay here again until issues are fixed.
Old 03-28-2020, 02:16 PM
Caedhros's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039103
Caedhros Reputation: 10

Since updating to this version, I've noticed the LED's on my Asus Crosshair VIII motherboard will sometimes freeze on whatever color was cycling through at the moment, and won't resume working until a reboot. I've been using the Asus plugin since the beta started without issue, but the newest update seems to have this occasional glitch.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:18 PM

POST ID # = 1039110
schm0 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
The sad reality is Software Actions can allow for more options than Hardware Actions. This is why I had to separate them. If all of the Actions were 1:1, then I would have been able to avoid this scenario.

As for the little things:

1.) You are right. This is something I missed. If you edit the name, changing an action shouldn't change the name. I will resolve this in the future.

2.) This is working as intended. We wanted to make sure actions in the library don't get overwritten in case the changes were not intended.

Well, James, I understand this, someone made a bad choice and you are the guy you have to fix this now, isn't it?
Old 03-29-2020, 08:22 AM
ascully's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039173
ascully Reputation: 10

Having issues with the performance tab for the Commander Pro disappearing after sleep on this build. I need to press the restart icue every single time my computer comes back from sleep.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:36 PM

POST ID # = 1039266
Tremolo4 Reputation: 10

Before this update, I used a different color for the Profile button on the keyboard in my hardware profiles, in order to distinguish them from the software profiles.

This is no longer possible. I would need separate special-button-color-settings for the hardware/software "modes" of a profile.

If I just create separate profiles again, like I used to, then the problem is that iCUE will (since the new version) cycle through both hardware and software profiles.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:09 AM
smile689's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039278
smile689 Reputation: 10

I am satisfied with iCUE.
Others have complained, but Software control can do much more than hardware control.
I didn't have any bugs in the current version.(without dashboard, but i do not use)
Old 03-30-2020, 06:16 AM
Bran04don's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039290
Bran04don Reputation: 10
Default H100I Platinum USB Disconnects AGAIN! After being fixed previously

When I first got my AIO, I was also plagued by the USB Disconnect bug, but that was eventually fixed with a patch and remained fixed until this latest update where it is happening again! I am tired of this Corsair. The only reason I haven't RMA yet is because I can't be bothered to deal with the hassle of removing my cooler again, reinserting my old fan based cooler and waiting for a new one to install again, for it to likely do the same.

AS well as this, FOR MONTHS, my second ML fan has been messed up and is super noisy compared to the left one and refuses to spin up properly as well as constantly winding up and down with a grinding noise. I have checked and there are no obstructions. It is just a faulty fan.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:08 AM

POST ID # = 1039332
JimmyRappit Reputation: 10

My profile for Audio Visualizer resets everytime I close iCue or restart the computer.
I want to set all the colors to red, but unfortunately they won't stay red. The original colors replace them everytime.
Anyone else with this problem?
Old 03-30-2020, 03:51 PM

POST ID # = 1039379
radioblanca Reputation: 10

The CorsairGamingAudioConfig service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified. This is my problem, it turns off my pc
Old 03-30-2020, 05:40 PM
Tht1guy63's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039388
Tht1guy63 Reputation: 10
Default HD120 with lighting node pro cant rotate leds?

Do you need the commander pro to rotate the fan leds or are the hd120s and lighting node pro alone not supported? Mine wont let me do this. would be so much easier to work with if i could rotate them since the way i have them setup in my case they are rotated from the icue software display for them. bottom fan led is my top led on icue and vice versa.
Old 03-30-2020, 06:10 PM
PrimalFear656's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039390
PrimalFear656 Reputation: 10

Since updating the third LL120 fan in the 2 second channel of a lighting node pro with a total of 3 fans in the channel no longer updates its effects correctly the outer ring of LEDs stays white all the time.