Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2020, 09:10 AM
Raimo5's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036549
Raimo5 Reputation: 10
Default iCue and Nvidia overlay

Hello,

After latest Nvidia driver updates (442.50), I get the Nvidia FPS counter on all iCue (v3.25.60) windows (tray icon menu, space, main program window). I refer to counter overlay that you can enable from Nvidia Experience.

Does anyone know how I could disable iCue from being picked up as D3D application or is it something that only Nvidia can resolve?

Thank you
Old 03-02-2020, 10:23 AM
Gronar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036553
Gronar Reputation: 10

Just noticed the same thing for me.
Old 03-02-2020, 04:08 PM
AndreZA's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036597
AndreZA Reputation: 10

I saw it on mine as well. But I update iQue and nvidia drivers the same night so I don't know which one is the culprit.
Old 03-03-2020, 06:06 AM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 1036645
Corsair James Reputation: 75

This is definitely an issue with Nvidia. We don't have any dependencies on their Nvidia Experience application.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue
Old 03-03-2020, 10:52 PM
horuce's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036733
horuce Reputation: 10

having the same problem with the nvidias overlay popping up when I click on the icue icon and it keeps kicking me out.I reinstalled it and done the repair tool and still wont work.Is there a way to go back to the last update and reload it and if so where would you find it thanks.

Last edited by horuce; 03-03-2020 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:43 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1036742
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 116

It’s not generated in iCUE. GE Force Experience is generating the overlay on anything where it detects gpu usage. You will find the same thing with other FPS overlays in MSI Afterburner or Precision X. You need to use the settings available in the Nvidia app to exclude programs where you don’t want the overlay to appear — assuming Nvidia entrusted users with a decision and that was the original question. You may find more detailed discussions on the Nvidia GE Force forums.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:53 PM

POST ID # = 1037028
Kuga_ZA Reputation: 10

Having the same issue. But what's frustrating is that when I hit Shadowplay, it saves the game audio, but it records the Icue software as the video, none of the game video is being recorded.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:15 PM
rascaluk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1037219
rascaluk Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
This is definitely an issue with Nvidia. We don't have any dependencies on their Nvidia Experience application.
Can't express how much this attitude annoys me. There are a number of threads like this now, all related to games / nvidia drivers clashing with iCue.

The reason, is not 'their' fault as you say, it is because Corsair chose a development path that means the iCue exe (and presumably others) interact with GPU. The fact that advice is out there to add exclusions to Nvidia control panel and the fact that nvidia overlay interferes with the UI are easy examples.

You chose this path...it's your responsibility to maintain compatibility with software you interact with.

Honestly, most people here are gamers, with gaming setups, playing games etc. just blaming all the other vendors is a total cop-out. You are part of an eco-system. Start dealing with it properly...please.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:04 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1037264
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascaluk View Post
Can't express how much this attitude annoys me. There are a number of threads like this now, all related to games / nvidia drivers clashing with iCue.

The reason, is not 'their' fault as you say, it is because Corsair chose a development path that means the iCue exe (and presumably others) interact with GPU. The fact that advice is out there to add exclusions to Nvidia control panel and the fact that nvidia overlay interferes with the UI are easy examples.

You chose this path...it's your responsibility to maintain compatibility with software you interact with.

Honestly, most people here are gamers, with gaming setups, playing games etc. just blaming all the other vendors is a total cop-out. You are part of an eco-system. Start dealing with it properly...please.

Software programs need NVIDIA’s permission to use the gpu? Do they need Intel or AMD’s permission to use the cpu? Do you realize what you are saying?

There is an FPS counter on your iCUE display because Nvidia wrote a program that puts it there. You installed that program. It is optional and not part of the driver package. They designed their GE Force Experience for people who don’t know anything about how their computers work and don’t care to learn. It makes decisions for you. If Nvidia did not give you the ability to exclude programs from the overlay or turn it off, then you need to talk to the people who wrote the program — Nvidia.

Frankly, you are a little late in realizing all of this. MSI Afterburner/RSST and EVGA Precision also use the same type of overlay and it will appear in iCUE, Mystic Light, Armory Crate, AI Suite and everything else that uses the gpu. The difference is those programs let you selectively turn it off. If Nvidia did not give you that option or you haven’t bothered to learn if you can adjust it, then you need to ask questions elsewhere.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:16 PM
Gronar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1037308
Gronar Reputation: 10

I don't have a dog in this fight but just wanted to point out that the FPS counter from GeForce XP never appeared in the iCUE window until 3.25 rolled out.
Old 05-14-2020, 11:32 PM
Lasagna_M's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1046302
Lasagna_M Reputation: 10
Default fix for this issue

I've been dealing with this for a few months now but i do have a fix, the downside being that I seem to have to reapply it every time there's an nvidia update. get nvidia profile inspector, create a profile for icue, set the value for 0x809D5F60(probably very bottom or close to it to 0x00000000. The bit I have to reapply once in a while is just opening profile inspector, picking the icue profile by typing it into the bar, scrolling to the bottom and changing the value to 0, takes a minute tops.
Old 05-28-2020, 07:27 AM
LeSnakk's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1048250
LeSnakk Reputation: 16

It should be fixed now with v446.14 WHQL :)