Corsair Community

K70 LUX Wrist Pad Squeaking Like a Cricket?

buddy0465

Hey guys my K70 Lux is less than a month old (somewhere around 2-3 weeks). I'm having a weird issue where my wrist rest making cricket noises when I press towards the middle. I don't want to be a pain to Corsair, so I came here instead of wasting their time, when they could be helping costumers with problems the forums can't really help with. Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be?

[ame=

]
[/ame]

• 3 months later...

Just to add a +1 here - my K70 is/was just the same. It's not detritus between the keyboard and wrist rest, it's the construction of the rest itself - one end just squeaks constantly, no matter how many times I've taken it apart and screwed back together.

Probably not a big deal to most people, but on a premium 120GBP keyboard, it's shoddy - and was enough for me to switch from Corsair to a different brand.

I have the same problem with my K65 rapidfire - what fixed it for me was that I covered the bottom part of the rest (where it touches the metal part of the actual keyboard) with electrical tape. It provides a soft surface between the test and the keyboard and stopped the squeak.

Quite unbelievable that I had to do this on a keyboard that cost as much as this did..............

Archived