Corsair Community

RAM for GA-Z77x-UD3H

Button

Hi friendly chaps and chapesses

First timepost here so I hope I don't make any faux pars, excuse me if I do

OK so my (non Corsair) PSU died and brilliantly took out my AM2+ motherboard hence I find myself forced into an unwanted upgrade

I made the mistake on my last build of buying incompatable memory (again not corsair!) and don't want to make the same mistake again

I do have some Corsair stuff I promise!

I have decided on a Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UDH3 board with an Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Socket 1155 proc but need to decide on some RAM

I ran the memory configurator here and it's returned 5 different CL9 1600 16GB kits as possible options. Problem is I don't know what the difference is between them.

Hence the reason for my post. Would someone be able to tell me please?

I do a lot of photoshop and video stuff and this is all going to be lovingly housed in an Obsidian 800D case which air cooled with stock fans along with an H100. I do do some gaming, or did in the past but then I got an xbox. I have a Saphire 5850 Toxic gfx card

Overclocking will of course be done ASAP but I imagine I'll return to pretty much stock after the novelty of that wears off as it always has in the past - although this is my first Intel CPU and Gigabyte board ever and all the reviews say quiet happy at 4.3ghz with this board-which is why I mention the case and air cooling

OR...have Corsair something in the pipeline dedicated to the Z77 chipset which I should wait for? I've of course seen the Dominator ads on the website but it appears they're unavailable in the UK atm

Thanks so much for any info

Button

edit that is of course supposed to say UD3H!

I ran the memory configurator here and it's returned 5 different CL9 1600 16GB kits as possible options. Problem is I don't know what the difference is between them.

Hence the reason for my post. Would someone be able to tell me please?

That's what the compare button is for :)

CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 and - CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B - Vengeance Series. Same specs and appearance, just different colors.

CML16GX3M4A1600C9B = Low Profile Vengeance - Blue

CMX16GX3M4A1600C9 - XMS heat spreaders

CMP16GX3M4A1600C9 - Dominator heat spreaders

They're all tested in dual channel rigs.

• 2 weeks later...
That's what the compare button is for :)

CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 and - CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B - Vengeance Series. Same specs and appearance, just different colors.

CML16GX3M4A1600C9B = Low Profile Vengeance - Blue

CMX16GX3M4A1600C9 - XMS heat spreaders

CMP16GX3M4A1600C9 - Dominator heat spreaders

They're all tested in dual channel rigs.

Thanks Wired

Superstar that you are!

I did the compare button, but was none the wiser. Think me thick-I probably am

BUT, just for my own piece of mind - if you'll indulge me, sorry - there is no difference in the quality of RAM chips, all the difference is in the heat spreaders?

In which case I need to choose the best version heat spreader given that my case isn't renowned as a great air cooled case?

Sorry for being a pest, but thanks for sagely advice

Button

Archived