Old 12-09-2019, 08:32 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 1026909
Corsair James Reputation: 75
Default iCUE v3.23.66 Patch Notes

Hi everyone,

Here are the patch notes for v3.23.66:

iCUE v3.23.66 Patch Notes:
  • iCUE now supports a HydroX setup wizard if there is a thermistor detected in port 1 on a Commander Pro

• To improve the security of our software application, there is now a signature validation when launching iCUE. Please ensure you have an active internet connection during the startup of iCUE to complete this check for your devices to be properly detected. You do not need an internet connection to continue using iCUE, it is only required on the first initial startup to validate the Windows digital signature. If you do not have access to the internet on your machine, we recommend you continue using iCUE v3.22.

• Resolved a rare crash with CorsairLLAccess.sys

• Resolved an issue that prevented iCUE from starting up with certain AMD Phenom and FX CPUs

• Resolved an issue that prevented iCUE from starting up after a software update

• Resolved an issue with Lighting Effect – Arc not working properly on Hydro Series Platinum Coolers

• Resolved an issue with Vengeance RGB PRO and profile imports

• Resolved an issue with LS100 and Lighting Effect – Video Visualizer when displays are output from two different sources

• Resolved an issue with QL Series Fans not properly showing Front and Rear buttons during resizing of the software

• Resolved an issue with configuring Sleep duration for Harpoon RGB Wireless

• Resolved an issue with iCUE macOS surround sound logos being too large for certain languages

• Resolved an issue with firmware update on K57 RGB Wireless

• Resolved other various minor bugs and issues

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Last edited by Corsair James; 12-10-2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:02 PM
BlaiseP's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026912
BlaiseP Reputation: 35

Install and profiles work fine, only issue is I get a "HYDRO X Detected" button at the bottom left of my iCUE window... I don't have a HYDRO X system, I have an complex EKWB custom loop and use "Temperature port 1" on each of my Commander Pro's to read the temperature of the coolant and my D5 pump is actually connected to "Fan port 3" on the first Commander Pro.

I'll try moving my temperature probes to port 2 on each Commander Pro's to see if the Hydro X detection disappears and report back.

Update: Moving my probes to "Temperature port 2" on each of my Commander Pro's stopped ICUE from displaying the "Hydro X Detected" button so I guess it worked.

Last edited by BlaiseP; 12-09-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:50 PM

POST ID # = 1026917
Dagda Reputation: 10

macros still are broken in k95 when they are stored on action library, my keyboard goes crazy and does macro actions on keys that are not macro programmed, if i store actions on action library, the temporary solution is to delete them defeating the purpose of action library.

Everytime corsair keeps doing stuff worse and worse and wont listen, i was really happy with my k95 and the great possibilities of multitasking and production with the macros, but i guess i have to find my needs somewhere else.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:08 PM
BlaiseP's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagda View Post
macros still are broken in k95 when they are stored on action library, my keyboard goes crazy and does macro actions on keys that are not macro programmed, if i store actions on action library, the temporary solution is to delete them defeating the purpose of action library.

Everytime corsair keeps doing stuff worse and worse and wont listen, i was really happy with my k95 and the great possibilities of multitasking and production with the macros, but i guess i have to find my needs somewhere else.
I was surprised that given the amount of issues reported about the macro/keyboard problem that this wasn't addressed in the release notes. I guess the issue must more deep-seated than they thought. Until then, keep the Action Library empty if you use an ICUE detected keyboard.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:11 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 1026924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagda View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaiseP View Post
I was surprised that given the amount of issues reported about the macro/keyboard problem that this wasn't addressed in the release notes. I guess the issue must more deep-seated than they thought. Until then, keep the Action Library empty if you use an ICUE detected keyboard.

We weren't able to fix this in time for v3.23 but this will be fixed in v3.24. For those affected, ping me in two weeks and Ill let you try the beta.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:11 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 1026925

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaiseP View Post
Install and profiles work fine, only issue is I get a "HYDRO X Detected" button at the bottom left of my iCUE window... I don't have a HYDRO X system, I have an complex EKWB custom loop and use "Temperature port 1" on each of my Commander Pro's to read the temperature of the coolant and my D5 pump is actually connected to "Fan port 3" on the first Commander Pro.

I'll try moving my temperature probes to port 2 on each Commander Pro's to see if the Hydro X detection disappears and report back.

Update: Moving my probes to "Temperature port 2" on each of my Commander Pro's stopped ICUE from displaying the "Hydro X Detected" button so I guess it worked.
If you click No on the Wizard, it'll never ask you again.

Old 12-10-2019, 01:12 AM

POST ID # = 1026937
fyew-jit-tiv Reputation: 10

To improve the security of our software application, there is now a signature validation when launching iCUE. Please ensure you have an active internet connection during the startup of iCUE to complete this check for your devices to be properly detected

So what happens if you have systems that are not connected to the internet like we do?
To protect our systems (customers data) we keep them of line completely with no access to the web.
If this blocks us from updating we may have to seek legal advice as this wasnt part of any subject when we purchased your hardware.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:02 AM
BlaiseP's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026939

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
If you click No on the Wizard, it'll never ask you again.
Thanks for the info... I kinda suspected that might have been the case but didn't try it. Anyway, I had to reroute/lengthen my probe cables to clean up the back of my PC.

Fun fact: ModDYI "premium sleeved front panel" cables (i.e. reset/power etc.) are exactly right for extending the probe cables for my Phobya inline temperature sensors (I did heat-shrink the push-join though).
Old 12-10-2019, 02:33 AM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 1026942

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyew-jit-tiv View Post
To improve the security of our software application, there is now a signature validation when launching iCUE. Please ensure you have an active internet connection during the startup of iCUE to complete this check for your devices to be properly detected

So what happens if you have systems that are not connected to the internet like we do?
To protect our systems (customers data) we keep them of line completely with no access to the web.
If this blocks us from updating we may have to seek legal advice as this wasnt part of any subject when we purchased your hardware.
The only time an internet connection is required is to validate the digital signature. After this is done, you won't need the internet anymore. We understand there may be situations where our users may not have internet access for any number of reasons and will look into an option to bypass signature validation through the OS. If this is a concern right now, then you should stay with iCUE v3.22.

Old 12-10-2019, 04:50 AM
ZiveR
Ziver's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026951
Ziver Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
The only time an internet connection is required is to validate the digital signature. After this is done, you won't need the internet anymore. We understand there may be situations where our users may not have internet access for any number of reasons and will look into an option to bypass signature validation through the OS. If this is a concern right now, then you should stay with iCUE v3.22.
Idont understand . For every icue version just one time validate or every restart of pc ?
Old 12-10-2019, 07:20 AM
Cruxiaer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026965
Cruxiaer Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziver View Post
Idont understand . For every icue version just one time validate or every restart of pc ?
Sounds to me like every PC restart or every re-launch of the iCUE software.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:44 AM

POST ID # = 1026970
insp1re2600 Reputation: 10

Ridiculous,Using powerline, which takes a few seconds to connect after logon, delays icue launch,

Using Rigs at lan parties without internet, also means unable to use icue profiles.

Why do corsair always cause more issues every release? should sack their icue manager and get someone who has a clue, instead of coco the clown.
Old 12-10-2019, 08:40 AM
BahamutxD's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026976
BahamutxD Reputation: 10

Must be a joke. A really bad joke btw.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:36 AM

POST ID # = 1026982
fyew-jit-tiv Reputation: 10

Im glad im not the only one who sees this as a problem. Myself and my work partner are now lookin into ditching Corsair for alternative options. Turns out it would be cheaper to buy alternative products (keyboards & Mouses for 9 Systems) than it would to build in a system that allows these system onto the internet securely. we will make our decission after Corsairs next release which should be in Jan 2020. Hopefully if enough noise is made Corsair will reverse this crazy move.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:58 AM
FrontierTW's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1026984
FrontierTW Reputation: 10

Even worse, my pc randomly crashing and restart after I update to 3.23.66 and my Commander pro still auto disconnect and reconnect to the MOBO(prime x570 pro), the problem is not solve yet.

Last edited by FrontierTW; 12-10-2019 at 12:58 PM.