Corsair Community

Asus Rampage V Extreme + i7-5960x

Michelle_Br

I do not know, if it is allowed. *flush

My English is´nt so good. That´s why i posted my question into the German user-part of this forum.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1033289#post1033289

But i´ll try to discribe it in English, too. I think that there is more knowledge power here.*smiling

In the last few days i tried to make running this combination.

- Asus Rampage V Extreme

- i7-5960x

- HyperX Predator RGB 3200 (2x8GB)

But in two forums we could not find any solution. There seems to be Hynix JJR-Chips on the Rams. Up to 2.600MHz it is running well - but 2.666 and over that there were no solution.

That´s why i think i´ve to give up.

Now my question.....

Do you think, that Corsair Vengeance LPX could be running with that x99 platform-combination at higher frequencies - ideal up to full-power 3.200?

Are there any experiences with it?

Thank you very much

Michelle

Edited by Michelle_Br

2666 should be very easy on any memory kit on X99. You are losing a bit by running dual channel instead of quad channel, but that is another matter. I don't know if that specific Hyper X kit was developed for much later Z370 boards or something else that makes it different, but that is something you would need to ask them.

Ideally, you would like a quad channel Vengeance LPX kit. There may still be 4x4 kits out there. That is what I ran for several years on my X99. I ran 3200 easily on my X99 Pro and later X99 Strix. You may want to compare prices for 4x4 vs 4x8GB and assess how much you need.

Thank you very much for your answer. *smiling

That was my problem - the HyperX only runs up to 2.600 MHz - no more at 2.666 or faster .... we tried so much optional settings. No one could find a solution, why the Ram did not run faster. That´s why the only thinking was an incompatibility of the Ram-chips.

Did i understood you right - Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB could run in 3.200MHz?

I read, that this type of Ram was especially made for the x99 platform, is´nt it?

I think any RAM that lists 'as compatible' for X99 or X299 should work. Really, it all should work but there are a few odd kits out there made specifically for newer dual channel or AMD machines.

Yes, I think you can run 4x8@3200. Your board is good. If I could do it on the Strix, you should have no problem with RVE. However, I do think 3200 is the limit on X99 for daily use. Too much risk when trying to clock over that for so little in return.