Corsair Community

Corsair Canada RMA/warranty a joke

talios

Just thought i'd post this as an FYI to potential canadian customers and get other peoples thoughts on it, i have an hs1 just over a month old, the audio has cut out in the left side, sometimes wiggling the cord where it connects to the volume controls makes it come back for a bit. So anyway I contact corsair support and they determine i need an RMA, I need to pay return shipping but no problem I thought, every other manufacturer i've dealt with that made me pay return shipping at least had a canadian depot. But corsair expects canadians to ship everything to the US, which may be fine for memory modules you can stick in an envelope but it'll almost cost me more to ship the headset back to them than it did to buy it. In conclusion unless anyone has any suggestions it looks like i'll be chucking the hs1 and buying a new headset from another manufacturer

Hej, Supplier = shop Manufactuer 0= Corsair

Can you not return it to the supplier/shop you bought if from? Where I am most issue a Pre-paid label..

I know what my concerns would be with doing this....

That is not all supplier/shop can reproduce the problems you are having and insist on sending items away to be tested

Then they want to charge for testing and postage if they can't find anything wrong...which makes returning a faulty item quite nerve wrecking and taints the overall buying experience and the opinion that the customer has about the manufacturer.

Also the time involved can lasts weeks/month.

It would be good if Corsair could issue a RMA number that could be quoted to the supplier/shop who would recieve an email from Corsair allowing the supplier/shop to issue a

new headset upon replacement as soon as the faulty item was returned....

I'd imagine that very few people return good working headset as bad , as here in europe we get a 14 day period from when we first receive the goods to access them and consider if they actually do what it should do and whether or not we want to keep them or get a refund.

You do have to cover the cost to return the item in this case BUT about a third of the price of sending something back to Corsair Europe as an RMA.

Good luck and hope ypu can return them via shop

http://shipgooder.com/

give it a shot?

Quotes me 25$ as the cheapest rate to get it there, which is kinda ridiculous when they cost me 39$ to buy on sale so it'll cost me 64% of the purchase price to get a working pair less than two months after purchase. I'd have no problem with paying return shipping if it was at least in the same country as I mentioned above. off the top of my head i've dealt with microsoft, asus, acer and razer and they all had canadian depots to ship RMA's to so it cost around 10$ for even large bulky objects.

I'll be honest, this is my fear with Corsair RMA's as well.

Considering I have a 650D, H100 and the HS1, I'm hoping I never have a major RMA related issue that will require me to send the whole product back.

This is actually one of the reasons why I tend to buy only from manufacturers that have Canadian return depots. I made the exception on Corsair cause their products are really nice, but hope the quality is just as nice.

• 3 months later...

Archived