Corsair Community

Lighting effects break after waking PC from sleep

Legendhidde

Hi there,

the lighting effects I have set on my K70 which animate whenever I touch a key break after I wake up the PC from sleep mode.

The passive lighting effects, such as a constant wave, will work perfectly fine but anything that required input such as a macro or a key activated light effect will break.

I have tried absolutely everything software related, new OS, different OS, new drivers for just about everything on my PC and so on I have also tried setting every USB hub and the keyboard itself to "Allow this device to wake PC from sleep" and "Turn this device off to save power". This issue happened when I got my new motherboard (X99S SLI PLUS), this didn't happen on my previous motherboard (Asus M5A97 R2.0). And it doesn't happen on any other PC. So I think it's related to my motherboard.

I have tried a BIOS update, I have tried setting the wake from sleep mode to BIOS and OS and back and enabling wake by USB devices. I have also tried running everything completely factory standard, I have tried the XMP profile for my RAM I have tried just setting the RAM to 2666 MHz.

I have run out of ideas, I really don't know what to do to fix this and I'm getting desperate.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help me.

-Does restarting CUE after waking from sleep resolve the issue?

-Make sure the keyboard is plugged into a Intel USB port instead of a third party e.g. ASMedia (Refer to your motherboard's user manual for more details).

-Do you have the latest chipset drivers and Windows updates?

-Does restarting CUE after waking from sleep resolve the issue?

-Make sure the keyboard is plugged into a Intel USB port instead of a third party e.g. ASMedia (Refer to your motherboard's user manual for more details).

-Do you have the latest chipset drivers and Windows updates?

Hi, my apologies for the late reply. Restarting CUE does indeed fix the issue.

My BIOS is updated to the latest version available on the MSI website.

I only have 2 USB 2.0 ports on the back of my PC. I plugged it in there.

The rest of my USB ports are all USB 3.0. I tried a few of them but those had the same issue. I'll look into which ones are the Intel standard.

• 1 month later...

I suffer from the same problem.

So far I always had to Quit CUE and restart it. Then everything worked again.

Today though, after restart my custom lighting is set but I'm not able to edit lighting anymore.

The software is very buggy.

Same issue here with my K95-RGB. Running Windows 10 and firmware 1.33 and CUE 1.13.36. Any time the computer goes to the lock screen - waking from sleep, hitting WIN+L, etc - the keyboard loses connection to the CUE software and reverts to it's default lighting scheme (in my case red w/white WASD keys). After unlocking the computer, a lost connection dialog is displayed, then after ~5sec the keyboard reconnects and returns to it's programmed lighting scheme.

• 2 months later...

Archived