Corsair Community

Need Help ASAP!

smithy1294

Just got a h100i and ax860i thinking corsair link would be pretty awesome, problem is my h100i link commander thing gets 'USB not recognised' and then fails to instal drivers.

i've done the whole thing where you install 1.2.7 then install the commander FW 2.06 (however it never actually completes always gets stuck in process, so i task manager force quit) then i uninstalled 1.2.7 to install 2.20 and the drivers dont install, they sit on my harddrive and i can see them but they dont work, tried right clicking on CMIusb.inf but it tells me you cant install it that way in a pop up, and now im stuck and confused and need help, thanks in advance

SPECS:

Win 7 64bit

(thinks thats you need to know)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you sure the FW update got stuck? What did it say?

I thought at first that it didn't do anything. But luckily I was patient enough and it worked out fine.

After uninstalling 1.2.7 you HAVE to reboot. Only after that you should install the 2.2 version.

Are you 100% sure the update hasn't worked? Some have reported this then said the firmware had actually installed.

Driver: Device manager - right click the dongle - update driver software - browse my computer - let me pick from a list... - have disc - browse to the inf file.

doubleT how long did you wait i left it like 3mins? i dunno will try longer (: and i didnt know you HAD to reboot will defo try that, thanks

Ripshod thats the thing the dongle isnt there, its just 'unkown device' but i know its the dongle.

EDIT: also doubleT should corsair link lock up when its updating FW cos thats all mine does

Still do it. If the drivers still refuse to install try uninstalling it (select 'delete drivers' if it's there). If it doesn't work then I think something else is going on. If you have USB keyboard or mouse try moving them to a different port and try again.

*edit*

If you have a USB A to mini USB B (mobile phone, card reader etc) try connecting to one of your rear USB with that

Right bootloader has been 'in process' for 5mins now, surely it shouldnt take this long and Ripshod i will try your suggestion in a sec :) and too the second post i have a usb keyboard and mouse but surely that shouldnt do anything as there just going straight into the motherboard? And i do not have a cable but i was also thinking of that method if i did have the required cable

EDIT: approaching almost 10mins now :(

Control Panel> Devices and Printers>

Right-click the name of your computer, and then click Device installation settings.

Click Yes, do this automatically (recommended), and then click Save changes. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

If Yes is already selected, click Cancel to close the dialog box.

Back into device manager, right click the device> update driver software> Search Automatically for.....

This should automatically download and install Windows' default HID driver. May have to reboot

They are the wrong drivers. The included drivers are for the AXi PSU only. Everything else should use the Windows' HID driver. Uninstall those - they won't do anything - they'll always be code 10

*edit*

Remind myself to write a tutorial

Archived