Corsair Community

Hello,

I just bought the K95 RGB Platinum and I've had nothing but connection issues since I hooked it up.

Basically every time my desktop goes into standby mode, my keyboard disconnects. Every Time without fail. To fix this, I have to unplug both usb cables for about 2 minutes each then plug them back in and wait (hopefully) for the KB to be recognized again. I sometimes get a Windows 10 error msg that reads "USB device not recognized", but that doesn't happen every time.

The keyboard is plugged directly into my mobo, not a hub. I've tried switching ports. I've tried uninstalling the iCUE software and reinstalling it. I even disabled the USB selective suspend setting in the Win10 power options and NOTHING seems to fix the issue. For as much as I paid for this KB, random disconnects seem like such a silly issue to have.

Any Suggestions or advice is appreciated.

• Corsair Employee
Hello,

I just bought the K95 RGB Platinum and I've had nothing but connection issues since I hooked it up.

Basically every time my desktop goes into standby mode, my keyboard disconnects. Every Time without fail. To fix this, I have to unplug both usb cables for about 2 minutes each then plug them back in and wait (hopefully) for the KB to be recognized again. I sometimes get a Windows 10 error msg that reads "USB device not recognized", but that doesn't happen every time.

The keyboard is plugged directly into my mobo, not a hub. I've tried switching ports. I've tried uninstalling the iCUE software and reinstalling it. I even disabled the USB selective suspend setting in the Win10 power options and NOTHING seems to fix the issue. For as much as I paid for this KB, random disconnects seem like such a silly issue to have.

Any Suggestions or advice is appreciated.

Is this a consistent symptom across all the USB ports you are connecting it to? Do you have a second computer you can test the keyboard on?

Is this a consistent symptom across all the USB ports you are connecting it to? Do you have a second computer you can test the keyboard on?

Yes, Every USB port I connected it to, it behaves the same way. However, I think I may have figured out what the issue was. I'm not really sure, but here's what happened.

[in the interim of waiting for a response on the forums, I contacted Corsair and had them replace the KB. When I received the replacement, before connecting it, I uninstalled all Corsair related software (namely the iCue stuff), restarted my PC and preceded to connect the replacement KB. After connecting it, My PC picked it up like normal and then I went to re-download the iCue Software. But this time, I noticed that there are 2 versions of the iCue sw. There's the standalone ver of:

CORSAIR iCUE v3.6.109

CORSAIR Utility Engine (iCUE) Software

3.6.109 | 08/13/2018

and then there's a KB specific ver of:

K95 RGB, RGB PLATINUM

CORSAIR Utility Engine (CUE) Software

2.24.50 | 04/13/2018

I don't know if it matters, but matter-of-factually with the first K95 RGB, I downloaded the 3.6.109 and I had the issues I reported in my initial post. With the replacement, I downloaded/installed the KB specific ver (2.24.50) and I haven't had any problems/issues at all. I suppose the only way to verify that would be to connect the original K95 back up, but I don't want to tempt fate. 😬

In any event, thank you for responding.

I have the exact same problem, randomly yesterday my keyboard starting disconnecting and connect and i updated the K95 RGB to iCUE, uinstalled the devices, uinstalled Icue, restarted my pc, reinstalled K95 RGB software and today the USB Root and rebooted my pc and even disconnected the keyboard and replugged it and switches usb slots.

My corsair smith (mouse - what it is called now again) dosen't have any issues.

I still have the same problem.

What i also did was to update windows.

My bios is 2801, there is a 3501 beta or something along those numbers and i'm not updating to that because it's a beta.

Nvidia Geforce got latest drivers.

Joys of the modern PC era. There are so many things that can derail proper operation of peripherals it is handy just to work through the six-pack of 'health stuff' and often you get lucky. Before starting, turn on the universal r's saver, System restore and create a restore point. Just type create in the find menu and it should turn up. If it is turned off, only turn it on for your windows drive. I have two data drives and used to leave it turned on, until once I used it and found the roll-backs there were decidedly unhelpful, but it has saved my bacon a few times to roll back from viruses / self induced failures over the years.

Then run sfc /scannow from an elevated Command prompt. Give CrapCleaner a run, Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro too. It is particularly worth worth using a driver scanner like Driver Booster 5. Google them, they are all easy to find.

If you don't fix the problem directly you will have still done some good.

Archived