Corsair Community

Virtuoso degrading to static over wi-fi, Void headsets dying quick

Pyrophoric

Just bought the Virtuoso SE... after only a few minutes of use wireless audio degrades to what sounds like blown speakers or odd static.Switching the headset mode from wireless to wired then back to wireless temporarily resolves but it reappears within a few minutes.Tested all USB ports between three different computers, reinstalled drivers and software etc., same issue. Headset works flawlessly wired through USB.

I found similar reports when searching, it seems the only solution is to uninstall the headset drivers through device manager (allowing the device driver to delete) then allow Windows to install the driver it prefers. I'm testing this on my own computer now and so far have gone 15 minutes without an issue, will update.

Side note, I upgraded to Virtuoso because I've been having issues with all 5 of my Void headsets (LAN party setup at my house). One headset is just a few weeks old, another two were purchased within the last 6 months and the last two within the last 2-3 years. They are now running out of battery power within 5-20 minutes of use after being on a charger all day and showing full battery in iCue. Spoke with a few friends that also have Voids, they confirmed the same issue headset. Between me and them we have 13 Void headsets all with the same issues.

Anyone have any thoughts or better solution to either issue?

I think the wireless Voids use a pretty standard off the shelf battery that can be sourced with the connector off eBay. I think Zotty or WhiskeyLima has modded them. Oddly enough my 6+ year old Corsair Vengeance H2100 still hold a charge.

I had some issues similar to you in OW, though uninstalling/reinstalling the driver seemed to work for me and I haven't had that issue since.

The only other issue I have had seems to be with my case's front USB3.0 Type-A. For some odd reason my mic doesn't work with that, though when I plug it into my MB directly or use a Type-C to Type-C in the front, then those work. I think it is from faulty USB 3.0 Type-A wiring on my H500M case.