The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2019, 09:07 PM
thexential's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013735
thexential Reputation: 10

Most recent update 3.18.77 has absolutely ruined the sidetone. It's so inconsistent in how it behaves now and the fact that corsair has not fixed this simple, HUGELY ANNOYING bug, blows, my, mind. How much do they hate us to not fix this?

I need my sidetone, and I need it to work after unmuting. This is the only headset I've found that fits so comfortably with my glasses, I hate to ditch it because of a bug that CAN be fixed, but wont get fixed.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:03 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013740
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by thexential View Post
Most recent update 3.18.77 has absolutely ruined the sidetone. It's so inconsistent in how it behaves now and the fact that corsair has not fixed this simple, HUGELY ANNOYING bug, blows, my, mind. How much do they hate us to not fix this?

I need my sidetone, and I need it to work after unmuting. This is the only headset I've found that fits so comfortably with my glasses, I hate to ditch it because of a bug that CAN be fixed, but wont get fixed.
It's actually quite consistent. Lift the boom to mute ... lose sidetone. Happens every time. Consistently. You can press and hold the side button to disable sidetone (even though it's already disabled) and then press and hold the button again to re-enable it. It's easier than going into iCUE and doing it. It's a lame workaround but it's the best that I have for you.

And yeah, it's annoying AF. I don't know why it's not fixed yet. From what I understand, it's a firmware issue.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 08-05-2019, 01:54 PM

POST ID # = 1013793
xIHighVoltageIx Reputation: 10

Sometimes Software lost Sidetone or sometimes at Windows Boot ICUE dont detected any Corsair Hardware...so i need close ICUE and reopen and then ICUE detected all Hardwares again
Old 10-15-2019, 12:29 PM

POST ID # = 1021346
Hans555 Reputation: 10

Guys, its near the end of 2019 and this bug is still in the software. The headphones were too expensive for this.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:50 AM
Mussels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021405
Mussels Reputation: 10

new update out, mentions sidetone bug
Old 11-17-2019, 05:08 PM
MimosaVendetta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024227
MimosaVendetta Reputation: 10

This seems to be the longest thread about this issue. So I figured I'd post my own frustration here. And yes, I created my account today specifically to post about this headset issue. It bothered me THAT much.

The sidetone was a BIG selling point for this headset for me and having to open the iCue software to fix it is a BIG problem! It's very difficult for me to find headsets that work for me and the sidetone on this headset put it above 2 other cheaper headsets that I was considering.

Now I find out there's been an issue with this device for almost TWO YEARS! And the information on what causes it is nil that I can find. The only updates are all similar to "We're aware of the issue and we're working on it." (in another thread from 10/29)? This is my first Corsair headset purchase and it may very well be my last. The sidetone worked in iCue v 2.19 (or 2.16?) and we're now at 3.22.74 (updated today 11/17/19) and it's not fixed. How frustrating does a problem have to be for your users before there's more info? Before it gets pushed to "critical issue"? I feel like Dr. Evil "Toss me a friggin bone here, people!".