Corsair Community

Strafe RGB Profiles

I'm new here so I'm hoping this is the most appropriate place to post this. I just bought the Strafe RGB keyboard and noticed the lack of profiles available for it. I realize this is because the strafe is hardly "out" yet. Newegg says it's released the 27th and the corsair site is still taking pre-orders. With that, I can see why there are no profiles available. I was curious though, as this is my first rgb mechanical keyboard, is there a way to convert profiles from say the k70 to the strafe? I tried just using them out of curiosity, but they don't work. Am I better off just learning CUE and making my own, or is there a way I can still use the other available profiles? Thanks for any replies in advance.

I know that if you use an RGB profile on the Strafe, CUE will just use whatever the brightest channel is as the output. This might produce some weird effects with some profiles that have a lot going on, but at the same time, it could look pretty neat. You should give it a try!

I know that if you use an RGB profile on the Strafe, CUE will just use whatever the brightest channel is as the output. This might produce some weird effects with some profiles that have a lot going on, but at the same time, it could look pretty neat. You should give it a try!

OP is asking about profiles for the RGB STRAFE. I thought this was a feature of the red LED STRAFE? Would it actually work with the RGB version?

I tried using profiles from the k70, but they weren't working. I'm new at this so I could be doing something wrong, but it seems like it's pretty straightforward in terms of activating the profiles. The RGB isn't technically 'out', according to newegg and corsair sites, but I went to my local best buy to look at some other keyboards and the strafe rgb was there so I got it. I'm loving it, but I can only use the default presets the keyboard comes with, as far as I can tell. Unless I make my own, but the learning curve with CUE has me discouraged. I'm glad to see people will be converting profiles though.

Make a profile for the Strafe and export it. Open it up in a text editor and look for a line that days what device it's for, near the top. Then, open up a K70 profile in a text editor and copy the Strafe line into it, replacing the K70 line. Save and close it, then load it in CUE. That worked for me on my regular Strafe!

If I open the profile in notepad and change the model name from 'K70 RGB' to 'STRAFE RGB', the profile works. I've done this with 4 now and they all work perfect. No missing keys so far.

Hmm can you try with one of my LoL profiles, tell me if that works. The profiles are in my signature.

Archived