The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 03-05-2017, 03:09 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893910
red-ray Reputation: 81
Woah! With SIV when I specify issues are fixed they really are

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyV View Post
  1. I see that SIV 5.17 Beta-12 has custom curves working for H110i and H110GT pumps. I recall issues with SIV V5.16 Beta 15 having issues setting a custom curve for my H110i-GT. If I install SIV 5.17 Beta 12, will I be able to set up a custom curve for my pump and have it work properly?
  2. BTW - I just received my Commander Mini. Going to install it tonight. I am hoping that it shows up in SIV without a fight and I can finally get all of my fans under SIV control. I did give the Asus BIOS fan control a good try but I am ready to make the switch.
  3. I will be digging around these threads looking for info on firmware issues as I recall there are some firmware problems that you have had to develop work arounds for. Not sure if I need to enable anything that is not already enabled in SIV Qualifiers to communicate with the Commander Mini. Don't think so. I will try to get the Commander Mini set up without pestering you with questions.
  4. It's kind of strange. With LINK being what it is (and isn't), I would NEVER buy a Corsair LINK related product if it were not for SIV. And here I am handing Corsair my money so I can use SIV to control my fans through the Commander Mini....
  1. Yes, it should now work and did in my testing on a H110iGT. A SIV user also confirmed it worked on his H110i. SIV is different to some programs as when I specify issues are fixed they really are (Fixed Vengeance LED modules ).
  2. Time will tell. I advise you to use a dedicated PSU SATA power cable to power the CLCC .
  3. Once you connect the CLCC [Link Fans] should specify "Firmware issues with CLCC 1.1.06. SIV64X does workarounds when -AIOCTL is specified." so all you need to do is specify -AIOCTL. There is also a button that links to the http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=757703 post that specifies what some of the firmware issues are.
  4. I asked for a partial rebate on my CLCCs as CL3/CL4 fail to fully control them, however Corsair declined .
BTW I am pondering adding support for motherboard RGB LEDs (RGB_HEADER), but don't know how to control them. Next time you have the case open please will you look at the five indicated chips and tell me their part numbers? I suspect one may be the LED controller chip and if so then I may be able to figure out how to interact with it.

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ASUS X99-Deluxe II.jpg (242.9 KB, 376 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 03-05-2017 at 06:17 AM. Reason: LED controller chips

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:52 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893973
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

Hi Ray. No update on installing the Commander Mini as I got so engrossed in reading this forum, it got too late to install the unit! So it's on today's list. TweakTown did a review of the X99 Deluxe II and identified some of the critical ICs on the MOBO. According to them, the RGB Lighting control chip is the chip labeled SB3572U. There is a picture of it in the review. I will try to read the ones you have indicated anyway and post an update later today. Hopefully thus link will work. Cutting and pasting on a tablet...

Read more: http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/788...ew/index4.html
If you can figure out the LED lighting on the MOBO, that would be great. Personally I just have them all in a slow red breathing pattern but being able to control them without AURA would be wonderful.

Last edited by SpeedyV; 03-05-2017 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Add link

Old 03-05-2017, 02:06 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893976

Here is another review from Hardware Canucks. Same info and a picture of the chip. I don't know if it's a dedicated LED controller or a more generic PLA or micro-controller programmed to do the LEDs. Hope this helps.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...-review-5.html

Old 03-05-2017, 02:44 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893981
Sigh.. As you say it's a SB3572U

Quote:
According to them, the RGB Lighting control chip is the chip labeled SB3572U.
Thank you and as you say it's a SB3572U, but I am no further forward as all Google came up with was a reviewer saying "but alas a datasheet alluded me" .

Looking at the image does not provide any further insight.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:23 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893985

Yeah I googled it too. All I found was that the Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 also uses this chip although that MOBO has 2 of them. I also Googled N-451910 which is the 2nd set of numbers on the chip. This search did come up with some links to Ansaldo STS LED Lamp Driver module. Most links were to rather dated PDF files about something called MicroLok II LED and Incandescent Signal Lamp Driver PCBs. I have no idea if this is in any way related to that chip...

Getting ready to shut down and install the Commander Mini. I will try to ID the other components while I am in there but I guess this is the chip you are after, assuming the reviews are correct.

Old 03-05-2017, 03:44 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 893987
Wink Just a part number

Quote:
Ansaldo STS LED Lamp Driver module.
I found the same and it's totally different, just a part number N451910-0701 “MicroTrax” Coded Track Circuit PCB RSE-1D2.5.

I am not too bothered about what the what the other chips are, but am wondering where on the board the SB3572U is located.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:05 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894001

I found it (no thanks to my 56 year old eyes). Managed to get a photo of it. In your picture above, it's the chip your left most arrow is pointing to, just to the left of PCIeX16_4 (second physical slot from the bottom).

JPEG image attached. Could not figure out how to convert it to a PNG on IPad and computer is apart just now. I think you will be able to see it in the photos. I did manage to draw a red circle around it. 2nd photo shows the edge of the audio shroud for reference.

IOS based photo editing is not one of my strengths...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg File Mar 05, 4 59 42 PM.jpeg (1.22 MB, 80 views)
File Type: jpeg File Mar 05, 5 03 32 PM.jpeg (1.38 MB, 86 views)

Old 03-05-2017, 06:22 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894004
Question Did you get the CLCC installed OK and how is it doing?

Quote:
JPEG image attached. Could not figure out how to convert it to a PNG
Thank you. The left most was what I suspected. It's only screen shots you should use .PNG for and for photos .JPG/.JPEG are what comes from the camera so they should be left as that.

Did you get the CLCC installed OK and how is it doing? I guess you are still setting it up.

Old 03-05-2017, 08:15 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894021
Default CLCC OK but...

Yes I got it installed but not without some grief (unrelated to CLCC). After removing the Asus Fan Extension Card and wiring just those 3 fans to the CLCC, I could not boot or even get to the BIOS due to a Boot Code d6 - VGA - No console found. So I have been fighting with that. I have no idea why unless I wiggled something. So I pulled my GPU, tried re-seating it in PCIe slot 1 - no dice. Moved it to PCIe slot 3 and it booted. Back to PCIe slot 1 - no dice. I am not sure what this is all about. I need to pull the GPU anyway as the rear fan MOBO header is underneath the GPU and I will need to pull it an re-route that fan cable to the CLCC.

I also pulled out these 2 stupid G.Skill DDR4 DIMM fans I bought (they are useless - move basically no air and sometimes they makes noises or just stop spinning.) Giving them a nudge gets them going again. So maybe I disturbed a DIMM - dunno. Trouble shooting all of this now. I reset the BIOS to defaults to remove any chance of my latest over clock from causing problems, then had to fight with Asus's stupid Chassis Intrusion which is ON by default. I just hop the pins out with an alligator clip but I had pulled that out and sure enough, after a BIOS reset, I started getting Chassis Intrusion which is a "Fatal Error" that will not let you into the BIOS to turn it OFF!

Anyway, at the moment I am in the OS (typing this) and grabbed this screen shot for you. I will play with the fans that were plugged into the Asus Fan Expander card first, then move the rest of them over. I am just annoyed that now I am fighting with a GPU related problem that I probably caused digging around in there. More later!

What is the minimum fan speed I can send that the CLCC can successfully do? IIRC, firmware does not allow a fan speed of 0. Is 400 RPM the min? I tried one fan and the minimum speed I can get is about 700 RPM when I put a 0 in the custom curve point.

BTW - How to you insert screen shots into a post? When I click Insert Image, it wants a URL. I am sure it's simple - just don't remember how to do it and right now I am up to my arm pits in GPU...
Attached Images
File Type: png AIO LINK FANS.png (54.6 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by SpeedyV; 03-05-2017 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Add Fan Min Speed Question

Old 03-05-2017, 10:19 PM
ChoGGi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894036
ChoGGi Reputation: 28

Quote:
What is the minimum fan speed I can send that the CLCC can successfully do? IIRC, firmware does not allow a fan speed of 0. Is 400 RPM the min? I tried one fan and the minimum speed I can get is about 700 RPM when I put a 0 in the custom curve point.
SIV is showing one of my fans doing 200 min (it averages 350-400 at idle so maybe just a glitch).
The fan is a Noctua NF-F12 PWM

Old 03-05-2017, 11:35 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894038
Confused

Thanks. I am back up and running. All my fans are now connected to the CLCC and showing up in SIV. With the test curve I have set (all the same for now), they are tied to the CPU Package temperature which is about 44C. At that temp, they should be at ~200RPM but they are running at different speeds ranging from 403 RPM to 695 RPM. I am not sure why they are running that fast or why there is so much variance between them when they are all tied to the same temperature and have the same curves. I am attaching a screen shot of AIO LINK FANS.

I guess even Red Ray sleeps so hopefully I will hear something in the morning. At least my GPU woes seem to have worked themselves out. I put the GPU back in PCie-1 and it booted right up
Attached Images
File Type: png AIO LINK FANS - All Fans 1 Curve.png (61.3 KB, 390 views)

Old 03-06-2017, 01:11 AM
ChoGGi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894044

Do you have two fans on a splitter, that might do it?
Are they all the same kind of fan?
Check the specs on the fans and see if they show min/max RPM.

Ray is on England time

Old 03-06-2017, 01:54 AM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894047

Yes I know he is in the UK. No splitters. The case is a Corsair 780T. The 2 front fans are 140mm Corsair LED fans that came with the case. I am not sure what exact model they are but I think they are AF140 high airflow fans. I have them blowing in. AF140s are 1200 RPM max. I have noticed that the lower one never runs faster than about 950 RPM. I tried moving it to a different output on the CLCC and it remained slow. Maybe a "lazy" fan?

On top I have a Corsair H110i-GT 280mm rad. I replaced the fans it comes with with Corsair SP140 high static pressure fans (LED). The two inside the case blow hot air into the rad (push) while the 2 on top pull air through the rad and exhaust it out. The 2 push fans are plugged into the pump but I think that pump (CoolIt) has 2 fan controllers so they can be independently controlled. They show up in SIV as part of the AIO. The 2 top pull fans are plugged into the CLCC independently. Max 1440 RPM for all 4 of these fans.

The rear fan is a Corsair AF140 (LED). Max RPM 1200. It blows out (exhaust). The bottom fan is a Thermaltake Luna Series 120mm high air flow fan. Max 1200 RPM. It sucks air in through the bottom filter and blows straight up into the case. So a total of 8 fans - 6 plugged into the CLCC and 2 into the pump. None of the fans specs list minimum RPM.

So that is my set up. The only fans that share anything are the 2 push fans for the rad which are plugged into the pump. I am fairly certain they are independently controllable because it's a CoolIt pump and they show up separately in SIV. By the way if this air flow plan is not optimum (stupid), I am open to improvements. Maybe better fans or changing the rad arrangement so it pulls ambient air from outside the case and pushes it into the case. The instructions for the rad suggest it's best to have the rad fans pulling cool air in but the picture they have shows it like I have it set up (though not with push-pull).

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Thx.

Old 03-06-2017, 02:37 AM
ChoGGi's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894048

I've got some Corsair sp120 quiet edition fans around, they ain't what I'd call quiet above 800 rpm.
No wonder you're trying to slow them down :)
I have the same rad setup as you, sucking in from the case 2x2 (also another 2 on the gpu rad).
I attached my link fans; the cpu/gpu all use the same fans, though the cpu ones both have fan splitters on them (even though they should match speeds there are minor differences).

If you change the fan control mode to fixed pwm you can adjust it till you find the min rpm (it'll start cycling, and the green block may go gray). I can set mine down to just over 200 rpm, but in the fan curves I can't make them go below 300
Attached Images
File Type: png fans.png (138.9 KB, 57 views)
File Type: png synth.png (106.8 KB, 82 views)

Old 03-06-2017, 05:03 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 894059
Idea Insert a table that shows which fan is connected to each CLCC port

Quote:
Quote:
I am happy you managed to resolve your hardware issues.
  1. To get the URL so you can insert an image click on the attached file then copy and paste that URL.
  2. You should control the H110iGT pump speed using the H110iGT coolant temperature and I suspect also the H110iGT fans.
  3. The H100iGT pump speeds are incorrect. Point 1 should be 2250 and Point 5 3000 RPM. At less than 2250 RPM it seems to struggle. As usual Corsair have failed to specify what speeds the pump should be run at and 2250 RPM is as slow as CL4 can run it. SIV reads the initial custom points from the firmware, but I can't remember what these were and/or if they were sensible.
  4. The H110iGT pump rarely if ever needs to run faster than 2250 RPM. Set 25 2250,30 2251,35 2252,40 2800,45 3000 and take it from there.
  5. The actual minimum and maximum speeds vary from fan to fan. You need to look at the fan specs to check what they are.
  6. Asking for 200 RPM is wishful thinking if the specified minimum is 500 RPM as is 0 RPM support to stop the fan.
  7. If you wish me to comment then insert a table that shows which fan is connected to each fan controller, the control type (PWM is best), what the minimum + maximum speeds are and the URL of the specs. Below the H110iGT Pump is correct and you need to fill in the rest.
  8. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode for how to use BBCODE to insert a table. Hint: Quote this post then delete [quote + [/quote bits.
SIV DescriptionUser DescriptionCooler ModelControl TypeMinimum RPMMaximim RPMURL of specification
CLCC Fan 1Front TopA3-pin voltage???http://?/
CLCC Fan 2 A    
CLCC Fan 3 A    
CLCC Fan 4 B???http://?/
CLCC Fan 5 C???http://?/
CLCC Fan 6 C    
H110iGT Fan 1 D4-pin PWM??http://?/
H110iGT Fan 2 D    
H110iGT Pump H110iGT4-pin PWM22503000http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/hydro-s...uid-cpu-cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
Have any of the following firmware bugs been addressed some of which have now been outstanding since 20-Nov-2014? If not on what date are they scheduled to be addressed please?
Quote:
Note CL4 only allows >= 40% PWM

Last edited by red-ray; 03-06-2017 at 10:47 AM.

2 members found this post helpful.
Closed Thread