Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2013, 07:06 AM
shuffl2me's PC Specs

POST ID # = 684821
shuffl2me Reputation: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
It sounds like the service is not running.

Go to the options tab and see if the service is running.
If it's not, try start it and see if it helps.
thanks Toasted, your help is much appreciated.

the service was already running, tried restarting it but nothing changes.

also tried resetting the firmware on my H100 as you suggested but no change from that either :(

Old 11-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Scotty_Two's PC Specs

POST ID # = 684849
Scotty_Two Reputation: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuffl2me View Post
the problem seems to be with the link software, it shows the fans and pump in the software just at 0RPM and my temp probes show 0c in the software's main window. the fans appear to be working fine, i can hear them spinning and my CPU temp is around 22c.
This sounds like the exact problem with 8.1. To help me out, if you go to the Options tab, delete any saved profiles and click the "Reset to Default" button. Now go back to the System tab and tell me what's there. If it's the standard 8.1 problem, then there will be no Corsair products there at all. But if they're still there and still reading zeros, then there might be a bigger problem.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:53 AM
shuffl2me's PC Specs

POST ID # = 684857

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty_Two View Post
This sounds like the exact problem with 8.1. To help me out, if you go to the Options tab, delete any saved profiles and click the "Reset to Default" button. Now go back to the System tab and tell me what's there. If it's the standard 8.1 problem, then there will be no Corsair products there at all. But if they're still there and still reading zeros, then there might be a bigger problem.
nope no devices shown, and now the fans and pump do not show up at all

Quote:
If it's the standard 8.1 problem, then there will be no Corsair products there at all.
this is what i suspected it to be so i tried the above mentions workaround but with no luck.

Last edited by shuffl2me; 11-28-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Scotty_Two's PC Specs

POST ID # = 684866
Scotty_Two Reputation: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuffl2me View Post
nope no devices shown, and now the fans and pump do not show up at all

this is what i suspected it to be so i tried the above mentions workaround but with no luck.
Have you tried the old method listed in the OP? Try the manual workaround before jumping into the automated method to see if it will get your stuff to show up. Also, an easy test for the manual way is to open up your case while the system is still booted up, physically unplug the Corsair stuff from the USB header(s), restart your system, and then plug everything back in. Everything should show up then.

Old 11-28-2013, 08:25 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 684927
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Have you tried the old method listed in the OP? Try the manual workaround before jumping into the automated method to see if it will get your stuff to show up. Also, an easy test for the manual way is to open up your case while the system is still booted up, physically unplug the Corsair stuff from the USB header(s), restart your system, and then plug everything back in. Everything should show up then.
honestly unplugging hot components is the worse thing to do.
i highly suggest against doing this

Old 12-02-2013, 06:01 PM
shuffl2me's PC Specs

POST ID # = 685449

yet another week gone by with absolutely nothing to show from Corsair, GJ guys GJ.

can i claim a refund if they don't release this software before Christmas?

utterly takes the piss

Old 12-03-2013, 10:44 AM
vexed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 685555
vexed Reputation: 20

An update would be nice on how the software is going, i would post in the other 8.1 thread but it has been locked and no other official place for updates has been created.

I do hope this will not be an issue when 8.2 is released

Old 12-03-2013, 07:26 PM
ghostmedic171's PC Specs

POST ID # = 685645
ghostmedic171 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vexed View Post
An update would be nice on how the software is going, i would post in the other 8.1 thread but it has been locked and no other official place for updates has been created.

I do hope this will not be an issue when 8.2 is released
Normally? I'd just join the chorus of people urging patience and understanding.

But I agree %100 - The clock just keeps ticking without a word on progress.

I understand this stuff happens, and that Corsair isn't exactly alone regarding issues with 8.1 - but communication counts - most of us have been quite patient. Not like we're waiting for you to patch an EA title.

You're well within your right to disagree, but imho - if you don't have an update? It's still better to hear that, rather than hear nothing at all.

And if they have updated their progress, well then I apologize - but to me, if it's not relatively easy for an average customer to find, then it may as well not exist.

Keep up the hard work - hopefully we can see something sooner than later!

Last edited by ghostmedic171; 12-03-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:42 AM
Gamer
Sottti's PC Specs

POST ID # = 685727
Sottti Reputation: 10
Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostmedic171 View Post

I understand this stuff happens, and that Corsair isn't exactly alone regarding issues with 8.1 - but communication counts - most of us have been quite patient. Not like we're waiting for you to patch an EA title.

You're well within your right to disagree, but imho - if you don't have an update? It's still better to hear that, rather than hear nothing at all.

And if they have updated their progress, well then I apologize - but to me, if it's not relatively easy for an average customer to find, then it may as well not exist.

Wait is what left us...

I bought a brand new rig based on 4770k on july. The 4770k was not supported for serveral weeks, and when it was suppported windows 8.1 just came out.

I spent a lot of money in corsair link (3 lightning nodes and 5 cooling nodes) ALL of them with corsair fans, and since July it doesn't work a week in a row...

Windows 8.2 is coming

Old 12-04-2013, 09:48 AM
vexed's PC Specs

POST ID # = 685762
vexed Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostmedic171 View Post

I think majority of people have so far been very patient in waiting for updates / software. I could solve the issue by fiddling with my registry but a voice says "why should i". I am not comfortable in editing the registry not because i can't more i cant be bothered with the hassle if for some reason it went wrong and its not my job to fix a product i baught.

Atm i'd settle with a official place where updates are posted since the last one got locked & and a rough time frame where i can expect this software to be released. Since upgrading to 8.1 every time i've got paranoid that whenever i turn on my pc i half expect it to shoot flames out the back because something to do with link has broken something .

I will say this however, when 8.2 is released i will not be holding off getting the update on the pure basis of "oh i best wait incase link doesn't work" its not worked so far since 8.1 was released and its not been an issue *fingers crossed*

Old 12-04-2013, 02:01 PM
txfeinbergs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 685792
txfeinbergs Reputation: 8

We were given a rough timeframe of 4 to 6 weeks for the software to be released. We are beyond that now. At the least, an update should be made to all of their customers as it would be the morally right thing to do. Corsair has really let me down on this product (so much so that I will not be buying anymore of their cooling solutions ever again). There is too much competition in this industry for them to take a complacent attitude.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:10 PM
shuffl2me's PC Specs

POST ID # = 685985

so after waiting 3 days now for my support ticket to be answered, asking for a rough estimate of when the software firmware needed will be available. i still had no answer, so i tried their live chat service to try and get an answer for anywhere possible, this was the thoroughly unhelpful answer i got:

so back to square one with no answers from anywhere you can ask. GJ Corsair GJ.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:40 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 686035
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

corsair doesnt/cant give an exact time on releases as testing is impossible to set a time frame on,,while this is understandable i know it doesnt help those that need it...

Old 12-06-2013, 12:31 AM
txfeinbergs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 686103

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytnyt View Post
corsair doesnt/cant give an exact time on releases as testing is impossible to set a time frame on,,while this is understandable i know it doesnt help those that need it...
Testing is "impossible to set a time frame on". I have 20 years in the software verification field in cellular switch hardware which I guarantee you is a exponential increase in complexity over Corsair Link SW and if I told my boss that I couldn't give him a schedule because "testing is impossible to set a time frame on" I would be fired.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:35 AM
txfeinbergs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 686104

And I have to add another point to that. Our two largest customers, Sprint and Verizon, would have no problem telling us what they thought of us if we gave them that answer. That is the reason I am not cutting Corsair any slack at all on this. As a professional SW project manager, this is completely ridiculous and someone's head should roll at Corsair for this level of incompetence.

Closed Thread