The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Memory

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2019, 06:14 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021925
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

A lot of tweaking is the minimal requirement. This is often the case with any mixed set, different version numbers or not. I am not sure the platform is doing you any favors either. Lots of difficulties getting above 3000 and a mixed kit compounds that. If you’re not up for a lot of tweaking with no guaranteed chance of success, I would send it back.

As for obtaining a specific version number, that is hard. With Amazon you could probably keep ordering/returning absorbing the shipping cost, but it is also possible your original version is no longer out there. That supply may have been exhausted and they moved on to another. Some PC specialty stores will work with you if you explain the issue and might check version numbers for you, once they understand your not just a memory speculator chasing some elusive B-die you “read about on Reddit”. Again, if the original version is no longer being manufactured, it’s going to be hard.

Old 10-21-2019, 10:53 PM
huffie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021997
huffie Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
A lot of tweaking is the minimal requirement. This is often the case with any mixed set, different version numbers or not. I am not sure the platform is doing you any favors either. Lots of difficulties getting above 3000 and a mixed kit compounds that. If you’re not up for a lot of tweaking with no guaranteed chance of success, I would send it back.

As for obtaining a specific version number, that is hard. With Amazon you could probably keep ordering/returning absorbing the shipping cost, but it is also possible your original version is no longer out there. That supply may have been exhausted and they moved on to another. Some PC specialty stores will work with you if you explain the issue and might check version numbers for you, once they understand your not just a memory speculator chasing some elusive B-die you “read about on Reddit”. Again, if the original version is no longer being manufactured, it’s going to be hard.
Thanks c-attack for your advise and explanation. Guess I'll try and see if Amazon will accept the request for refund.

Old 11-03-2019, 01:08 PM
MermaidTime's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022957
MermaidTime Reputation: 10

Corsair doesn't print the version # on the box (at least on mine), so it seems it would be difficult for a seller to know which version they're selling

Old 11-05-2019, 10:20 PM
A Computer Guy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023180
A Computer Guy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidTime View Post
Corsair doesn't print the version # on the box (at least on mine), so it seems it would be difficult for a seller to know which version they're selling
I'm not sure if it applies to all boxed kits but when I got my LPX and RGB kits there was a window on the back of the box where you could see the printed model and version.

This is great for when you can manually inspect the boxes for what you may be looking for. (Thanks Corsair!)