Corsair Community

H115 platinum - rgb causing higher temps?

I'm having weird behavior on my H115 AIO. When any of the RGB profiles are used, the liquid temp goes up to ~39 degrees and the fans max out. When the RGB is turned off, it'll go back to normal temps (with the same fan curves). Haven't had this issue until recently. Any ideas?

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by dreamdaddy

This was an old issue I thought I had been resolved. The LED light in the pump causes a "false temp rise" on the reporting sensor. It is affected by the LED brightness (heat), so a full 255/255/255 white will have a much more noticeable effect than say a soft dark blue at 0/0/125.

I am not aware of the current status of this. Are you up to date on your firmware?

This was an old issue I thought I had been resolved. The LED light in the pump causes a "false temp rise" on the reporting sensor. It is affected by the LED brightness (heat), so a full 255/255/255 white will have a much more noticeable effect than say a soft dark blue at 0/0/125.

I am not aware of the current status of this. Are you up to date on your firmware?

Yeah, it just started happening randomly yesterday. All the firmware is up to date. Very weird. Thanks for the info.

I think there's something special about the coolant temp sensor in H115 Plat which makes it sensitive also to external/non-coolant related temperature.

In your case, LED generated heat in the AIO pump housing makes it higher.

In my case, with the custom H115 Plat used for CPU in my Corsair One system, some other source in the cooler (no LED in this custom AIO) makes the coolant temp reads higher than it should be (about 4 to 5C higher).

It has to be external source or defective sensor, because my CPU temps are great and yet the coolant temp is always 4-5C higher, at idle after a long time, where it should normally settle to about the same temp than CPU in this convection assisted system.

Hence my contention that the coolant sensor in H115 Plat is compromised, maybe not isolated sufficiently, or some calibration issue.

That is interesting and suggest the lighting controller rather than the pump ring is the proximity heat source. If you have other Corsair RGB fans and existing LNP/RGB hub(s) in place, getting of the Platinum controller may alleviate this. If not, you might see if some colors/patterns are worse than others. White might be best avoided.

You can also contact Corsair tech support and see what they say.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue ! I was using "pure white" led colors so i noticed right away the rise on the temperature sensor.

It goes from 25 to 37 degrees

It was not like that before the last firmware update

H115I : v.1.01.15

Software :3.27.68

I have the same issue ! I was using "pure white" led colors so i noticed right away the rise on the temperature sensor.

It goes from 25 to 37 degrees

It was not like that before the last firmware update

H115I : v.1.01.15

Software :3.27.68

I'm not seeing any issues here and I'm on the same versions as you.

My RGB for the AIO is being controlled by a CoPro though in case that makes any difference.

Also I'm using a custom fan profile.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Oddly Ive figured out that the ML RGBs are the culprit. With RGB lighting on just the pump, idle water temp is 30.2 C. Turning on the RGB for the fans increases it 38. Very annoyed as it was working fine before.

i have this issue too in this moment with my h100i platinum. high temp only if RGB on fans +10C.

i have last version iCUE & firmware. reinstalling doesn't help.

how can i fix it?

• 3 weeks later...

I have the opposite problem... if I turn the brightness DOWN (as per in the video) the temp goes UP :bigeyes:

Did some tests with all the RGB and am seeing the same problem, some colors the temp goes up, some the temp goes down a bit.

However:

- if I disable the RGB (by deleting the lighting effects) the temp went up.

- If I disable just the lighting on the center of the aio pump, the temp is at least 1 degree lower!

- If I have on only the center the temp goes up (from having only the center off)

- Making any of the colors black makes the temp go up!

I'm confused... something screwy going on... :sigh!:

I have the opposite problem... if I turn the brightness DOWN (as per in the video) the temp goes UP :bigeyes:

There have been a few others who also seen the reverse of what's expected, with temps increasing while the LEDs are off and going down when on white. It does not make sense from the sensor to LED proximity theory, but it doesn't really matter either way. It makes the cooler's native controls unusable in concurrence with the lighting, which is a key feature. Contact Corsair Support.

If you are only seeing shifts of 1-2C, that is pretty good and maybe something you can live with. Most users who run into this are seeing shifts of 4-7C which is representative of an actual max CPU load or a few who climbed to double digits, which is plain crazy.

There have been a few others who also seen the reverse of what's expected, with temps increasing while the LEDs are off and going down when on white. It does not make sense from the sensor to LED proximity theory, but it doesn't really matter either way. It makes the cooler's native controls unusable in concurrence with the lighting, which is a key feature. Contact Corsair Support.

If you are only seeing shifts of 1-2C, that is pretty good and maybe something you can live with. Most users who run into this are seeing shifts of 4-7C which is representative of an actual max CPU load or a few who climbed to double digits, which is plain crazy.

I am seeing only between 1-2 degrees, so I can live with it.

I'll contact Corsair support so that they are at least aware of it (and add to the number people having the issue) and hopefully they can fix it along the way.