Corsair Community

vx550 runs hot

2crazy2furious

hi all iam new to these fourms, i just baught a xv550 corsair psu, ive had it for for atleast a month now it seems to running ok, but i notice i few problems with it, for one my voltages are low in bios or windows, it show 5v 4.997, 12v. 11.983, to 12.032, if u ask me theres something worng there, i pulled my orginal bfg 7900gs out, and i put it in my old card just to test, that doesnt require no extra pci-e, now my 12 rail shows 11.968 to 11.904. strange i would of thought the 12v would of went up not down, my other thing i notice is when touch the back of the psu it runs warm to hot, i've owned lots of psu's before and i have to say i never in had a power supply get warm, i just upgraded from a ocz stealth stream 600watt which i had less problems with, anyones help would be great thanks

• 2 weeks later...
hi all iam new to these fourms, i just baught a xv550 corsair psu, ive had it for for atleast a month now it seems to running ok, but i notice i few problems with it, for one my voltages are low in bios or windows, it show 5v 4.997, 12v. 11.983, to 12.032, if u ask me theres something worng there, i pulled my orginal bfg 7900gs out, and i put it in my old card just to test, that doesnt require no extra pci-e, now my 12 rail shows 11.968 to 11.904. strange i would of thought the 12v would of went up not down, my other thing i notice is when touch the back of the psu it runs warm to hot, i've owned lots of psu's before and i have to say i never in had a power supply get warm, i just upgraded from a ******** stealth stream 600watt which i had less problems with, anyones help would be great thanks

Same thing with my VX550. Shows low voltages in windows. Probably software reading incorrectly. No worries. Works great.

Archived