Corsair Community

CUE keeps crashing on startup

Kicke02

Exact same problem here, the lighting is by default red, the volume works control works. The main issue is the aesthetically pleasing colors (lets be real thats why we got the damn keyboard) are inaccessible once you try to update the CUE through the client...

I've tried un/reinstalling, restarting, deleting all the cashes, googling "corsair utility engine not responding windows 10" and nothing fits the bill to this problem.

Feels good knowing I'm not alone here.

I'm sorry you guys are having this issue, I too am on Windows 10 with the recent update but I am not experiencing this issue. Is it possible it is not related to the Windows 10 update and something else could be causing it? I'm only speculating though... a Corsair team member would probably have to investigate this further.

I'm sorry you guys are having this issue, I too am on Windows 10 with the recent update but I am not experiencing this issue. Is it possible it is not related to the Windows 10 update and something else could be causing it? I'm only speculating though... a Corsair team member would probably have to investigate this further.

It's not related to windows 10 update, its realted to the CUE update... don't update it

Directly after the latest Windows 10 update (KB4056892, KB4056887, KB4041994 along with Feature Update V1709), I had the same problem. My devices were not lighting up *at all* and my Corsair CUE application crashed every time I tried to start it. Uninstalling and re-installing fixed the issue. My guess is the windows update modified a file somewhere that Corsair CUE used, and re-installing allowed Corsair CUE application to correct the issue.

Hope this helps someone.

This is happening to me as well.

I allowed CUE to go forward with the latest update, it started the install of the update, looked like it finished and was opening up the newest version of CUE when I received the error window seen in the attached screenshot.

Pardon me, but I do not recall the exact date I took the update. But for the past few days I've just lived with no backlights on my Gaming K95 RGB. The volumn, media, caps-lock, etc. buttons are working. Just no working CUE app.

My next step was to uninstall CUE. During uninstall I told it to KEEP my user profile.

I then got the latest version from Corsair's website, 'CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.22.83_release.msi', and installed it. After install when it started to open CUE, I received the same error message as seen in the attached screenshot.

Currently on Windows 10 64bit. Version 1709. OS Build 16299.192

Any assistance from Corsair or forum members would be greatly appreciated!

782536397_CUEhasstoppedresponding.thumb.PNG.98a7a2f9ba7ebc0d19898818a03af6c4.PNG

• Corsair Employee

For those having issues:

Completely uninstall CUE and install the latest version from our website.

If you've done that already, completely uninstall CUE and install the previous version of CUE and see if the issue reappears.

I ran into this as well, something got corrupted in the CUE profile after I unchecked the option for it to start with Windows. Here's how I fixed it:

1. Open up File Explorer and go to %APPDATA%

2. Locate the Corsair folder and rename it to Corsair.BAD

3. Start CUE and it should create a new one and work now (well, it did for me. Your mileage may vary)

For those having issues:

If you've done that already, completely uninstall CUE and install the previous version of CUE and see if the issue reappears.

Thank you for the response. Uninstalling CUE then installing the latest version from Corsair did not work for me.

I apologize I did not get a chance to go back and try the older version of CUE as Hoppy!'s suggestion below this post resolved the issue for me.

I ran into this as well, something got corrupted in the CUE profile after I unchecked the option for it to start with Windows. Here's how I fixed it:

3. Start CUE and it should create a new one and work now (well, it did for me. Your mileage may vary)

Thank you for the response Hoppy!.

Your suggestion DID work! I am now able to access CUE software and my keys are LIT again!

It's funny you mentioned this fix. I had to perform the SAME steps on the Filezilla folder in appdata after a bad update from them and that fixed that issue as well.

Again, thank you for this successful suggestion!

• Corsair Employee

Thank you for the response. Uninstalling CUE then installing the latest version from Corsair did not work for me.

I apologize I did not get a chance to go back and try the older version of CUE as Hoppy!'s suggestion below this post resolved the issue for me.

Thank you for the response Hoppy!.

Your suggestion DID work! I am now able to access CUE software and my keys are LIT again!

It's funny you mentioned this fix. I had to perform the SAME steps on the Filezilla folder in appdata after a bad update from them and that fixed that issue as well.

Again, thank you for this successful suggestion!

Good catch Hoppy! I'll investigate to see if there's a particular reason why those steps work, but I'm glad they worked nonetheless. :)

• Corsair Employee

Users who are experiencing crashes:

1.) Send files and folders from %appdata%\Local\Corsair\CUE to me (via PM).

2.) Collect crash dump and send this to me as well. To collect this, when CUE crashes, do not close the window or software yet. Instead go to your task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), right click CUE.exe, and select "Create Dump File."

3.) Send also all data in %appdata%/Roaming/Corsair as well.

I will analyze this. You can also try deleting Corsair folders in %appdata%\Roaming\Corsar as well as %appdata%\Local\Corsair to see if it resolves the problem.

For those having issues:

I am running Windows 7 and experiencing the same problems other people are having with version 2.22.83 which is currently the latest version. Fortunately, I have a copy of 2.19.65 which I reinstalled after uninstalling said latest version and this older version works flawlessly with my K68 Keyboard.

Well, I can tell you for a fact it has nothing to do with the latest version. I'm running v.1703 build 15063.786 because the Fall Creator's Update seems to cause stuttering when playing video from local and Netflix is especially bad on my MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming 8G.

The other this is after I installed it, I could no longer type in the Cortana search field or if I go into Settings. I cannot type anything to search for something either.

I had this problem today after plugging in my new Corsair Dark Core wireless mouse. Would crash every time I opened the interface or tried to relaunch the program. I can gladly say renaming/deleting %appdata%/corsair fixed the issue. It seems to be an issue with the CUE software not replacing/adding to the current CUE profile? Hope everyone else's issues get resolved, but please do try this like @Hoppy! said. It's quick and simple and it might not fix everyone's issue, but the ones that do will greatly appreciate it. Thanks @Hoppy! !! I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. Now I can enjoy my new mouse! :)

• 1 month later...

I'm new to CUE despite having a K70 keyboard for some time. Now I have a Harpoon mouse and am getting pissed when I find that at every other moment the Corsair Utility Engine software is not running for some mysterious reason.

I'm running Windows 10 with all the latest updates and the latest version of CUE.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I am having this issue. I have tried the rename of the folder as stated; didn't work. I too have uninstalled and re-installed many times. No avail. I have tried both versions of the software...the old CUE and the new. Same issue. I found the new version doesn't do anything for me but I can once out of every 30 or so attempts get the OLD version to stay open long enough to change a setting before it crashes. Now, however, since yesterday it tells me I must reboot to finish install. I have rebooted 5 times since then, and it still says the same thing. Then, within 10 seconds it will crash. I just bought the CORSAIR VOID PRO RGB Wireless Gaming Headset - Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Headphones for PC and LOVE THEM!! I just wish I could actually use the features it comes with but the software simply will NOT work.

Windows 10 PRO 64 bit version: 10.0.17763 (I am in the Beta test program)

Though, pretty sure this isn't a 10 problem since many others have it also.. I have also tried running as admin, setting for various windows compatibilities, etc..

This isn't life or death, but as one stated before, I have all these nice features I bought....would be nice to use them! :)

Greg

Archived