Corsair Community

Single Fan Lighting up on Power Up

Telling

Hey,

Since installed the EA version of iCUE, myrig (6 LL fans + 4 Lighting Strips, connected to CP) has just a single fan (fan #1 on CP) illumiated on startup and none of the rest of fans or strips light up. Before iCUE on startup, all the fans and strips played a "demo" sequence.

Is this normal or is there some setting im missing in iCUE?

Other than this, am loving the updated software so far.

Thanks,

Hey,

Since installed the EA version of iCUE, myrig (6 LL fans + 4 Lighting Strips, connected to CP) has just a single fan (fan #1 on CP) illumiated on startup and none of the rest of fans or strips light up. Before iCUE on startup, all the fans and strips played a "demo" sequence.

Is this normal or is there some setting im missing in iCUE?

Other than this, am loving the updated software so far.

Thanks,

Normal. Lighting effects don't kick in until iCue starts. And ... I agree. I'd like to see the lighting a bit earlier. And when the workstation is locked.

Thanks for the response. Its strange that a single fan lights up (with effect)

This was different as to when I had Link + CUE, on startup the fans/ strips would play demo mode, as there was no software controlling them, yet they had power.

It would be better (in my opinion) if none of the fans lit up till iCUE initiated, rather than just a single fan. Looks strange!

I guess the only way to return to this behavior is moving back to the separate CUE + Link setup.

• Corsair Employee
We haven't fully built in support for a lighting effect to save to the device yet. I'm still understanding what specification it uses from LINK to CUE to properly implement it. We should have it soon though in the next few upcoming monthly updates to iCUE.

Thanks for the response. Its strange that a single fan lights up (with effect)

This was different as to when I had Link + CUE, on startup the fans/ strips would play demo mode, as there was no software controlling them, yet they had power.

It would be better (in my opinion) if none of the fans lit up till iCUE initiated, rather than just a single fan. Looks strange!

I guess the only way to return to this behavior is moving back to the separate CUE + Link setup.

Keep in mind, also, that this is "Early Release" (read: Public Beta/Tech Preview). Corsair is still working on it. And I would imagine that things like this would be a lower priority than core functionality - at least, they would be if I were scheduling the tasks (which I'm not).

To expand on this, for my setup, only the first 10 LEDs of the first device connected to LED Port 1 of each of the attached Corsair controller devices (1x Commander Pro, 2x Lighting Node Pros) activate in the spiral rainbow pattern before iCUE loads.

Seems as if the controllers now default to a single RGB strip configuration prior to iCUE loading.

Archived