Corsair Community

HELP!! Corsair Commander Pro bricked?

dandownunder

I need help bad!

I have the Corsair RM1000i, Commander Pro and Node Pro.

I was having issues with the Node pro recognising an LED strip.

I went to upgrade the commander pro firmware via server and being stuck on 9% for way too long I pressed cancel. It had mentioned that all fans would stop during the process.

Now the connected fan devices will not turn on!

Temporarily I've connected to the MB fan headers.

Where on earth is the Local firmware file located on Corsair website?

I'm trying to update the commander pro firmware again but it's stuck on 11%.

Is there any hope in fixing this? I've tried reboots reconnecting USB header and Sata power but it still refuses to power the led or fan connections.

I need help bad!

I have the Corsair RM1000i, Commander Pro and Node Pro.

I was having issues with the Node pro recognising an LED strip.

I went to upgrade the commander pro firmware via server and being stuck on 9% for way too long I pressed cancel. It had mentioned that all fans would stop during the process.

Now the connected fan devices will not turn on!

Temporarily I've connected to the MB fan headers.

Where on earth is the Local firmware file located on Corsair website?

I'm trying to update the commander pro firmware again but it's stuck on 11%.

Is there any hope in fixing this? I've tried reboots reconnecting USB header and Sata power but it still refuses to power the led or fan connections.

I don't know if Corsair sanctions this but there is a procedure to force a firmware load. I have bricked my Commander Pro (CLCP) several times (long story). To get it back do this.

1. Unplug the Sata power to the CLCP
  2. Look for a little hole on top of the CLCP. Inside that hole is a momentary reset button, like on a home router or whatever. Get something that will fit in there (jewelers screwdriver, tooth-pic).
  3. Push the button and hold it in.
  4. While holding the Reset button in, plug Sata power back into the CLCP.
  5. The LED on the CLCP should blink a few times.
  6. Open Corsair Link
  7. Link should "see" the CLCP (if it is recognized in Windows device manager and all that), and open an alert panel that says Firmware Update Available or something like that. Click Yes to proceed and Link will download the firmware and load it into the CLCP.

It helps to have someone to hold the CLCP and the button while someone else plugs the Sata power back in. I figured out how to do it myself. Got pretty good at it but its awkward.

I assume no responsibility if you do this.

Good Luck

OK I just kicked the table.. Norton Anti-virus firewall was blocking the firmware update but didnt warn me... doh.

Disable it for shiz and giggles.. and BANG firmware completed in a split second.

Hope this is useful solution if someone finds the same issue. :(

Thanks anyway Speedy...

• 1 year later...
Necro Thread Revival this just happened to my Obsidian Commander Pro in the Corsair 1000D funny thing is it didnt happen to the other retail one i bought it updated in seconds the one that came with the 1000D has been at 0% for a hour. not sure if it s ok to retry this afraid of corrupting i, its running all my GT fans up top.

1720094192_FanController.thumb.png.29b41f86eba2ffbfa32d396ad99a015f.png

1107742588_FanController2.thumb.png.3902435fdaa05a65e2396d56abab543e.png