Corsair Community

Debating Corsair Link purchase...

Arimis5226

Wow, what can I say. From what I was reading about the product specs and info on the corsair website, I was totally stoked on purchasing this product.

After reading these forums (and a few others), I'm actually pretty reluctant. I'm not about to pay $100-$140 for a control that pretty much will only give me full, reliable control over my H100, and not anything else. Seems like I'm not going to be able to use this on any of the fans that come stock in my CM HAF X case, and the fan/lighting profiles may or may not reset intermentently.

Why should I buy this product? How long would I have to wait before I can actually use it as it was intended. I need to know pretty soon, because I need to make a firm decision while I am doing cable management overhall on my rig. I'd like to get whatever it is I'm installing put in before I finish so I don't have to reroute cables/wires again at a later date (not any time soon anyways).

Please give it to me straight. I would appreciate feedback from both corsair employees and product owners. Thanks in advance.

If you haven't purchased any fans yet and you're willing to buy all corsair fans, I'm sure it works great. Unfortunately if you already bought premium fans for your entire case and then decided to get a corsair link, its a big waste of money. Wait until there is confirmation of 3rd party fan support.

I also waited for this to come out as it looked just the ticket but after the H80/100 issues i wanted to see how it went in the real world before buying and am glad i did .

I still use Corsair memory and psu's but i would'nt touch any of their current hydro's or this as although tech are trying to sort them out they appear to be getting nowhere fast ( its actually quite sad how badly there new range of products seem to have been prepared before launch , whether its Link or a keyboard etc , issues all over the show :(: )

I would !wait! till they made all bugfixes and improved the support of other than Corsair fans

When it is finished it will be AWESOME, I hope ^^

And I think they are working hard to make it better

I have the Link for about one month

I would only like to have the support of other fans(they are working on it)

the possibility to turn the fans completely off

that the HDD temps update(they are working on it)

and more reliablility that the Link recognize each attached device correct when the PC is restartet(they are working on it)

So wait till they fix it then buy it and have fun with it :D

I set up my system using all Noctua 120 four wire PWM fans, two in a pull only configuration (Radiator unit) controlled by the pump unit, suction fan in bottom of case and aux, cooling fan for backside of MoBo for CPU and memory. I have the extraction (upper rear case) fan and two right side cover fans plugged into mobo control.

The only one setup as "high performance" the one for cooling the back side of the CPU/Memory. All the rest are set up as "balanced" by either the cooling node or MoBo. All appear to be functioning as per setup with no problemss.

The firmware setup is as follows:

Lighting Node: 1.1.9

Cooling Node: 1.1.12

H100 : 1.1.12

Corsair Commander: 1.1.9

Link Software: 1.2.5.0

Hope this info helps!

I will say that I am MORE than disappointed that there is ZERO documentation for both the Link and the H100 (don't tell me that the quick start guide is a available because I will laugh at you). By just looking at the components in the box, the majority of the target market for this product can make it work. It's the detailed support like, "will the H100 respond to voltage on the 3-pin header?" or, "how do I manually update the firmware", or, "explain the physical limits of the H100 pump", or "with the Corsair Link, is the H100 3-Pin header now irrelevant?" How easy is it to type up a TXT file for download, jeez.

However, both the H100 and the Corsair Link work flawlessly out of the box. I had some firmware issues, but that was quickly cleared up with a ZIP download I found in these forums. The Corsair Link software is really cool and easy to use. I can see that the interface has a long way to go, but Corsair has pushed a very capable product.

I don't know how to feel about this. I would suspect that if an employee has the warm and fuzzy that this product is going to likely get straightened out, that they would voice that. However if they don't reply at all, what's that suppose to mean? They aren't allowed to defer people from purchasing the product, but they can't in good faith recommend it? Or are do they just not care about my thread? Or do they think I'm trolling?

Look, I'm not trolling. I love Corsair. It's one of only 3 brands in my computer. I hold them in high regards. Because I'm such a Corsair supporter, I went ahead and purchased the link w/lighting kit. I'm taking a leap of faith in assuming that they will get this off the ground and working well like anything else with thier brand name stamped on the side. This product will make or break my faith in the brand. If I just made a bad purchase here, I'll start using other brands after this.

I appreciate people posting here, because your experiences/opinions truly did influence my purchase. See ya on the forums.

• Corsair Employee

Arimis5226

You pose some good questions so lets try to address what you have brought up.

It is a new product and yes there are few bugs some have had but for many it is no problem at all.

Do I feel, that these issue will be resolved yes of course. The concept is great tool and as mentioned in another thread there no product quite like this that I am aware of. Granted some come close but not in the detail like Corsair Link.

Most of the problems I see relate to using third party fans which should be addressed on the next software release. There are some other issues that we are looking at. Would I buy one yes and I have one in my system it works fine for me. But I am using all Corsair Fans.

And as I have stated several times on any forum especially a support forum you really need to take things with a grain of salt. It is your choice and it is your money but buy you feel is right for you if you do purchase any of our products we will stand behind it.

• 8 months later...

I'm currently running four high end (think brown & tan) fans from the Corsair Link connectors on the H100i. They work perfectly. In fact, they work significantly better than they do when attached to the 4-pin connectors on my motherboard--seems like Corsair just has a better PWM controller.

I'm ordering a Corsair Link kit on the presumption that it's the same fan controllers as the ones on the H100i waterblock. Hopefully that's true. :-)

It is a new product and yes there are few bugs some have had but for many it is no problem at all.

I second that, being a happy user. How many people will post on a forum to say how wonderful their new hardware is.

I've actually installed 3 H80i's and 4 H100i's with only one fault (caused by an incompatibility with intel's rst drivers). And don't worry about support, again all you'll ever see is the complaints. This forum would be one of the first places visited when a customer has problems.

Archived