Corsair Community

Confused about RGB Fan Control

lukemurtagh

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I want to get the Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL for my next build and had planned to install six ML120 PRO RGB 120mm fans in it - three at the side for intake, three on the bottom for intake, with the H150i mounted on top for exhaust. How would I go about manually controlling this many RGB fans? The Commander Pro only has two LED channels - does this mean I would need four Pros? I presume not because that seems more than a little silly.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by lukemurtagh

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I want to get the Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL for my next build and had planned to install six ML120 PRO RGB 120mm fans in it - three at the side for intake, three on the bottom for intake, with the H150i mounted on top for exhaust. How would I go about manually controlling this many RGB fans? The Commander Pro only has two LED channels - does this mean I would need four Pros? I presume not because that seems more than a little silly.

Thanks for reading!

Hi man, have the same case and a quite similar configuration inside it. ;):

Only difference is I chose to install the AIO in the side slot.

Every RGB fan has 2 cables, one for rpm management (and it's the one you plug into the Commander Pro) and one for RGB management. My advice is to buy the fans in 2 three-pack combo, so you'll get also 2 Lighting Node Pro (basically you'd need just one for your configuration, but I think it's worth the money). LNP is where you are supposed to plug the RGB cable from the fans. Both CoPro and LNP support 6 fans each, the LNP has a SATA header for power and another header to plug in the LED port of the CoPro.

If I can give you a last advice, don't go for LL/ML fans if you want to make a polished esthetic work... putting those fans in intake mode will result in back side to be in sight, and it's not so cool.

I have 8 LL fans in my rig, but if I could get back in time, I'd go for HD fans... basically they are the same fans but have the transparent chassis (note that I use RGB fans only for lightning, the AIO is cooled by it's own fans).

Baio

PS. let me know if you can manage the front case led strip... mine is a little buggy...

Edited by Baio

Hi,

Thanks for reading!

Start with the RGB FAQ in my sig.

And no, you don't need 4 CoPros.